2B-Upton
SS-Tejada
3B-Rolen
OF-Soriano
OF-Sizemore
OF-Wells
U-Hafner
BN-Griffey, Kemp
P-Santana, Wagner, Ol. Perez, McGowan, Weaver, Gallardo, BJ Ryan, Borowski, Lester, R. Johnson, P. Hughes

I think this team is stacked, and I'm thinking that Im going to win the championship.
Yes Rolen is a weak 3B, but if he isnt working out, there are plenty of other guys on the ww to replace him like glaus or blalock
what do you think?
if you post on mine I'll post on yours
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stacked?!?!?!?

Postby jimpage » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:11 pm

id probably drop griffey and get the best available 3b now for rolen insurance...you dont want to wait a month or two and the replacements you had your eye on are gone...griffey will barely ever play anyway with the OF you have, including kemp, and pronk at utility...your pitching is iffy after santana, and id probably drop lester for someone else...depends on whos available, but in a 10 team league im thinking there may be a couple guys that are better imo...how many DL spots do you have?...might need a few with rolen, griffey, gallardo, ryan, and unit all pretty safe bets to be on there at some point...i do think gallardo will be fine though
jimpage
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sublime8414 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Who's on the Waiver wire at 3B? Unless you have a man-crush on rolen there's certainly someone better. I would also consider moving V-wells for a closer. If kemp gets AB's he'll be far better and if not it's a 10-team league and there will be plenty of OF on the WW. I'm also a little skeptical of your starting pitching. There's a whole lot of ? marks after johan IMO. However, I draft my pitching staffs more for upside than risk, so if you feel comfortable with the guys you have stand pat.

Mind taking a look at mine?
viewtopic.php?t=324618
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby North 9 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:38 pm

It's hard to argue with you, this team looks very good. That's a TOUGH group of hitters -- I like the power/speed guys you were able to pick up (Upton, Sizemore, Soriano), and it's always nice to have a .300-25-110 guy at catcher. And Vernon Wells should bounce back somewhat. The obvious weakness, as you know, is 3B -- my guess is, you waited on that position since it's pretty deep, but maybe you waited a little too long. I'm fine with watching the waiver wire for somebody to replace Rolen, though.

It looks like your pitching staff relies a bit on guys who are unproven, inconsistent, or otherwise questionable (of course, having Johan helps make up for some of that). Then again, whose pitching staff doesn't?

Overall, nice job. I like your chances.

Any ideas on my team?
viewtopic.php?t=324811
North 9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby paddyp43 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:43 pm

1. I think your SS & 3B is pretty weak
2. Your outfield is tight. You got one 40-40 guy; I also like BJ
3. I think your SP is very weak. Other than Santana I do not see a legit starter (YG may do well)
4. I think your RP is very weak. BJ Ryan is not a closer anymore; Billy Wagner self destructed last year and Borowski will kill your WHIP/ERA

All in all you should have no problems with your offense
In my opinion you should look to move someone on offense and get a legit number 2 (maybe Harang, Smoltzy, Young)

Help on mine
viewtopic.php?t=324903
paddyp43
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby interchange » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:54 pm

This team has a lot of players that have had great seasons in the past. Guys like Tejada, Rolen, Soriano, Sizemore, Wells, Hafner -- I think are about 50/50 to return to form. You will be fearsome if the remaining group put up just respectable numbers. However, I think you've got a bust or two from that group, so I wouldn't get cocky.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=324901
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bsblallstr » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:19 pm

my whip and era dont matter, it is a points league, if borowski and wagner get saves that is what im looking for, having a SP start 2 times in a week helps too because you get 2 points an inning, i know the pitching is weaker, but in our league, you only need about 4 pitchers to start every week, SP or RP, so im thinking that santana, wagner will be solid, and then im hoping that out of the group of ryan, weaver, gallardo, mcgowan, R. Johnson and Hughes i get at least two guys go for good years and are consistent, that is 2 from 6, so im not freaking out about my pitching, i think that 2 of those guys will be pretty good this year.
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby asquad89 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Concerned about 3B. I just wouldn't feel comfy going into the year with Rolen at all (or Glaus or Blalock for that matter). If Hafner can play 1B trade Gonzo for a 3B. If not, I'd flip one of your relievers for a 3B. It's just such a glaring spot in the face of an otherwise very good team that I'd adress it immediately. Oh, and Randy Johnson? ew.

rate my team:
viewtopic.php?t=325076
Thugs in the Outfield
ImageImageImage
asquad89
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team