21%
I mostly stick to the team I drafted
6%
Other
2%

Total votes : 47

Re: Your View on Trade Offers

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:08 pm

the way i figure it is that i only make trades that i know help my team out, therefore i try as much and often as possible. little by little if you made trades that slightly help your team, it would make it drastically better over the long run. ill try to chat it up with as many owners as possible and try to gauge their opinions on players to see if i can sell high or buy low on certain players or to see what state they think their team is in (i.e. "i really need some pitching, steals, etc...").

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FoolOnTheHill » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:the way i figure it is that i only make trades that i know help my team out, therefore i try as much and often as possible. little by little if you made trades that slightly help your team, it would make it drastically better over the long run. ill try to chat it up with as many owners as possible and try to gauge their opinions on players to see if i can sell high or buy low on certain players or to see what state they think their team is in (i.e. "i really need some pitching, steals, etc...").

Well said. I totally agree.
FoolOnTheHill
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FoolOnTheHill » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:37 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
FoolOnTheHill wrote:I like to wheel and deal. It's the trade talk and negotiation I like best. For me, it's not just offer/reject, offer/accept for me - I like the give/take as owners figure out what will work. Nothing bugs me more than an owner that won't reply to a trade offer or trade talk.

Does it bug you when you get a reply like, "So and so player is not available." or "No thanks."? Not everybody is looking to tinker, and in my experiences, most people, when they tinker, especially early, do more harm than good; even some of the better players out there.

At least "No thanks" is a reply. But I think chatter between owners about their players is helpful-- no harm in kicking ideas around. Like I said, I think trading is a fun part of the game, so when you kick ideas around with another owner you just might find yourself making a deal. Snake's Gould said it well IMO.
FoolOnTheHill
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:30 am

Field wrote:For the most part, I usually stick with the team I drafted early on. I know that I probably drafted one of the better teams in the league so there's no need to mess with it until I see how the free agents and injuries pan out. Plus, most of the guys on my roster I'm very high either because they were undervalued on draft day or have the potential to break-out in a big way. For this reason, I don't find that I can get appropriate value most of the time. I'll only over-pay mid-season when I'm certain that I need some help in an area.

This is the way I go about it as well.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers