Ales Rios vs. Johh Hamilton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ales Rios vs. Johh Hamilton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ales Rios vs. Johh Hamilton

Postby tmlfan4ever » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:53 pm

Steelers Rule wrote:Hamilton's on fire in spring training :-*

And Ichiro has 1 hit. Only thing ST is good for is injuries and playing time.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:28 pm

tmlfan4ever wrote:
Steelers Rule wrote:Hamilton's on fire in spring training :-*

And Ichiro has 1 hit. Only thing ST is good for is injuries and playing time.

Certainly can't discount Hamilton's play carrying over from his rookie season. If he stays healthy, then he will hit.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:30 pm

Last years home run leaders in spring training. The majority of these players underperformed expectations last year. Phillips stands out as the biggest exception. Don't buy into spring training jumps.

Aramis Ramirez, CHN 8
Scott Hairston, ARI 7
Barry Bonds, SFO 7
Brad Eldred, PIT 6
Russell Branyan, SDG 6
Brandon Phillips, CIN 6
Jason Lane, HOU 6
Chase Utley, PHI 6
Terrmel Sledge, SDG 6
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Ender wrote:Last years home run leaders in spring training. The majority of these players underperformed expectations last year. Phillips stands out as the biggest exception. Don't buy into spring training jumps.

Aramis Ramirez, CHN 8
Scott Hairston, ARI 7
Barry Bonds, SFO 7
Brad Eldred, PIT 6
Russell Branyan, SDG 6
Brandon Phillips, CIN 6
Jason Lane, HOU 6
Chase Utley, PHI 6
Terrmel Sledge, SDG 6

Uh except Hamilton is not a HR leader.

He is just hitting everything thrown at him. It's ok if you don't like him but it's hard not to take notice when a player of Hamilton's talent is hitting well in ST.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:33 am

Yoda wrote:
Ender wrote:Last years home run leaders in spring training. The majority of these players underperformed expectations last year. Phillips stands out as the biggest exception. Don't buy into spring training jumps.

Aramis Ramirez, CHN 8
Scott Hairston, ARI 7
Barry Bonds, SFO 7
Brad Eldred, PIT 6
Russell Branyan, SDG 6
Brandon Phillips, CIN 6
Jason Lane, HOU 6
Chase Utley, PHI 6
Terrmel Sledge, SDG 6

He is just hitting everything thrown at him. It's ok if you don't like him but it's hard not to take notice when a player of Hamilton's talent is hitting well in ST.

So should I draft Angel Pagan? If you were high on him before the season this is just bad news because now you have to draft him earlier, if you weren't high on him these stats mean virtually nothing so still don't draft him.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Mayor Daley » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:02 am

I see Hamilton having a huge year.
I'm just glad he's away from Dusty "sit the rookies" Baker.
Mayor Daley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:20 am

Ender wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Aramis Ramirez, CHN 8
Scott Hairston, ARI 7
Barry Bonds, SFO 7
Brad Eldred, PIT 6
Russell Branyan, SDG 6
Brandon Phillips, CIN 6
Jason Lane, HOU 6
Chase Utley, PHI 6
Terrmel Sledge, SDG 6

So should I draft Angel Pagan? If you were high on him before the season this is just bad news because now you have to draft him earlier, if you weren't high on him these stats mean virtually nothing so still don't draft him.

So what is your prediction Ender? You keep saying that he is going to hit no higher than .265. What about the rest of his numbers?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:57 am

I don't keep saying anything about his stats, I said I could see lefties drag his avg down to 'like .265', that wasn't a prediction but an off hand comment.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from Hamilton, my personal guess is he spends 1/2 the season on the DL or wears down late in the season because he hasn't played a full one in a long time. I had him listed as a 10th round pick in a 14 team league but he is going before that in every draft so I just haven't been picking him. My actual projection for him right now was...

500 AB, 78 R, 141 H, 25 HR, 79 RBI, 5 SB, .283 AVG

But that is one of my least confident projections on my sheet because he could have a monster year, could have 300 AB, could sit vs lefties, could steal more than that. Who knows, he isn't a guy you can project. I'm just not willing to take on that type of risk in the first 9 rounds.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Ender wrote:I don't keep saying anything about his stats, I said I could see lefties drag his avg down to 'like .265', that wasn't a prediction but an off hand comment.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from Hamilton, my personal guess is he spends 1/2 the season on the DL or wears down late in the season because he hasn't played a full one in a long time. I had him listed as a 10th round pick in a 14 team league but he is going before that in every draft so I just haven't been picking him. My actual projection for him right now was...

500 AB, 78 R, 141 H, 25 HR, 79 RBI, 5 SB, .283 AVG

But that is one of my least confident projections on my sheet because he could have a monster year, could have 300 AB, could sit vs lefties, could steal more than that. Who knows, he isn't a guy you can project. I'm just not willing to take on that type of risk in the first 9 rounds.

Not sure where he is getting drafted in the first 9 rounds but I think right now, he is going well after 100+ players are off the board. That could change but getting a potential 40 HR player in the mid rounds is certainly worth the gamble IMO.

I currently have ranked alongside Delmon, Pierre, Dye, Burrell, Damon, Ellsbury, Hermida, Kemp, etc who come with similar risks.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Right now on mockdraftcentral NFBC scoring he is at 116 with a range of 96-152 over the past week. In a 14 team league that puts him from round 7-11. I don't generally draft players 'at value' and I usually need pitching in rounds 8-10 so for me he is generally gone before I would be willing to draft him.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers