Looking for the Best AL only players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for the Best AL only players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for the Best AL only players

Postby rotowinner » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:57 am

The Cafe' Experts League is a fresh auction every year, AL-only, 12 team 4x4. This is roto in it's truest, purest form. The 4x4 makes for closer pennant races down the stretch, plus, strikeouts is a stupid category in my opinion. Last year the Tampa Bay Rays led the AL in strikeouts and had the highest team ERA in the league. So what's that worth?
We'll use weekly transactions via faab. Still need quality owners who are high caliber players and who absolutely love to play and compete. The online auction using FantasyAuctioneer is awesome!

Send questions and comments to rotowinner@aol.com while there are spots available. This is a high caliber, low maintenance league run by a 20+year commish. There is a 100% payout of the $100 entry fee (less CBS' $149 fee) to the top 4 teams, 50, 25, 15 and 10 percent respectively.
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for the Best AL only players

Postby The Red Wolf » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:43 pm

When is it? This is the time of year when that question becomes as important as others.
The Game Is The Game
The Red Wolf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rotowinner » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:57 am

The draft date will be determined once I get to 12 owners. Targeting somewhere near the end of March/beginning of April. Takes about 4 hours to do the online auction and it's off the hook.
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby jeffmerk » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:38 pm

I agree that Ks is a nonsense category but you should try 5x5 with Innings Pitched as the 5th pitching category. Steals and Saves aren't ridiculously overvalued in that format.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 90)

Postby shamtime » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:09 pm

bump
Last edited by shamtime on Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shamtime
T-Ball Trainer

Postby rotowinner » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:25 am

Still openings available in the Cafe' Experts League, formed in 2007. The particulars: 12-team, AL-only, 4x4 with online auction. $100 entry fee with 100% payout to top 4 teams less CBS stat fee. Weekly transactions via faab.

This is not really a league for the beginner although I get less and less picky as it gets later. The draft date hasn't been determine and will be determined by a quorum of the participants.

There are many reasons why I feel a 4x4 is preferable to the more popular 5x5. The 5x5 tends to significantly reduce the value of closers, to the point where you can blow off saves without much to lose. Just stack up on quality starting pitching and you'll do pretty well there. Not much strategy to that I think. Also, closer pennant races and not having to deal with strikeouts (what's better, a one-pitch pop-up or a 12 pitch strikeout?)

Just my opinion but if I'm gonna run it, we won't use K's for sure.

20 year commish looking to keep this league alive so I can stay up with the online auction technology, which is getting better and better and should become the standard for all roto baseball leagues.

Interested participants please email rotowinner@aol.com. Thanks.
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby rotowinner » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:21 am

Only a couple spots left so if you think you can hang with the big boys, then shoot me an email and tell me a little about your roto resume'. Each and every owner in this league has won at least one roto championship, so you'll need to bring your "A" game. Let's do this!!!
Reply to rotowinner@aol.com. Thanks.
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby rotowinner » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:17 am

Last chance and it already may be too late. I have about 15 candidates for 12 spots but now it will come down to who gets me their league fee first. Returning owners from last year will have priority in the event I get multiple checks on the same day. More to follow. Email questions to rotowinner@aol.com. Thanks for all the feedback and constructive criticism. Enjoy the season!
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby The Red Wolf » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:23 pm

Would love to play and send you my money immediately via Pay
Pal, but hard to do so without knowing if I could make the auction time/date. Chicken or the egg question.
The Game Is The Game
The Red Wolf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rotowinner » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:29 am

Hey there Red Wolf,
I understand your dilemma but the only way I can schedule the draft so that everyone can make it is if I know when people CANNOT make it, then schedule the draft around that. I would suggest that you send your check immediately and let me know what dates and times WON'T work for you.

If for some reason someone sends me a check and then subsequently we cannot agree on a date that works for them, I will send their check back immediately. I'd prefer a check versus the pay pal. A bit archaic, I know, but I don't have a Pay Pal account and don't really want one.

Send an email to rotowinner@aol.com and I'll give you my address (I don't really want to post my address on the site, although I'm not sure why I'm hesitant to do so).

Thanks for your interest,
Chuck
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Classifieds