100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Position Scarcity 2008

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Position Scarcity 2008

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:42 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Ender wrote:None of Utley's value is from being a 2B. Straight up by stats he is in my top 8, people seem to forget he got hurt last year. 30-35 HR, 10-15 SB, 110-120 R, 105-110 RBI, .300-.330 AVG is a legit mid to late first round pick.

There is this mistaken belief that Utley "doesn't steal anymore". He had 9 SB last yaer in 132 games, in a full year you still expect 10-15 out of him.

It certainly does. Nick Markakis last year bat .300 with 23 HR, 92 R, 112 RBI and 18 SB, and projects to improve in nearly every area (I personally expect 28-30 HR), and he's being taken in the 4th Round or later. You put Chase Utley in the OF, and he is certainly not a concensus first round pick. And don't get me wrong, I love the guy as a fantasy player, and have since he stopped platooning.

you seem to love every phillies player. me likey.

Hehehe, just Howard and Utley, and I am and have been huge on both. For fantasy you have to put your home team bias aside and give credit where credit is due. I guess that's how I ended up with Mark Teixeira, Chipper Jones, Rafael Soriano, and Pat Burrel all on one of my teams %-6 !+) :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers