FBB Draft Management Software? Is it available? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FBB Draft Management Software? Is it available?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: FBB Draft Management Software? Is it available?

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:51 pm

dobie76 wrote:MAN, if BR Prospectus had this I'd pay twice the amount....

Actually, Baseball Prospectus does have the Player Forecast Manager, which is an online tool that you can use during your draft. You put in your league settings and can click off players as they are drafted, while clicking the players you draft onto your team, and the PFM will come up with the best player for you to draft after each pick.

It's included with their yearly subscription ($39), or you could pay $19.99 to sign up for their Fantasy section, which has the PFM, along with fantasy articles throughout the year.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BeanTown » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:19 pm

The tool your looking for is called the Draft Compiler/Buddy and can be found for free at http://www.myofficepool.ca/

It is developed by Mike MacGregor who is a really good guy. I used the tool for Football and won my league. Usually the projections within the program come from Rotochamps but this season Rotochamps did not put out projections so Mike just used Sportsline projections. It's very possible that for his next update he will replace the Sportsline projections with another source. You can also just enter in your own projections if you're half way decent with Excel. Mike offers very explicit details on how to do this on his site or you can just email him. I'm in no way affiliated with the site, just a fan of the tool and want to spread the word around.
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dobie76 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:52 am

Thank you, Thank you.
I've got the fantasy sub to BB Prospectus (just wasn't awarre fo the utlities of the PFM) and will follow your link & see which is the better option for me. Hopefully this helped some other folks, too~

Did I say Thanks?

Thank you!
"We've got half a pack of cigarette's, a full tank of gas, it's a hundred miles to Chicago, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses . . . Hit It."
[url]http://www.freewebs.com/giantsfan14/index.html[/url]
dobie76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRock » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:29 pm

Xeifrank's tool will do this for you. But it uses his projections unless you take the time to enter your own.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby xeifrank » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:31 pm

You can use my Fantasy Baseball Draft Software. It keeps track of standings. It comes with 2008 projections, which are easy to modify (i recommend modifying them). It keeps track of rosters. Keeps track of best players left. Keeps track of how many players at each position that are left to draft. It has an engine that estimates the total number of stats in each category it will take to win that category. It gives advice on which player or two players that will move you up the most points in the standings. It allows you to configure your own league, ie - number of teams, categories used. You can save off and reload partially completed drafts. You can load your own player rankings or use the computers, which are based on a replacement level algorithm. And the tech support is great. :)

The download link is below in my sig.

vr, Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Previous