girls are stupid - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

girls are stupid

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: girls are stupid

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Field wrote:Kind of a side note here, but I wanted to poise a question to the community:

What percentage of guys succeed in landing a one-night stand partner on a given night?

Let's put some perameters on this one:

- It's a rather large bar, so a few hundred people.
- Younger professionals frequent this bar (college bars don't count, that skews everything)
- It's a Friday or Saturday night so most people at the bar don't have to worry about waking up for work.
- The guy has never really met the girl, he may know of her though (a friend's friend is fine)

This is the kind of project h0rt's class should tackle next. :-D

Personally, whenever I go out for happy hour after work, I go to the nearest bar that's decent enough to hang out and drink. When I was working in Hollywood, there's an English pub so close it's practically next door (fittingly enough for me) and the clientele is mostly males in their 40's. Not a great spot to pick up ladies even if the barmaids there are 7-8 quality. However, every now and then, you'll find a really fit girl hanging out on the patio, but usually with 1 or 2 male co-workers, which can be a buzzkill. What's great about the pub is that when you do meet a hot girl, the atmosphere is really informal, not a lot of people, and like Rugby, actually have a good conversation with.

I digressed a bit, but there's a bar that's about 4 or 5 blocks east in a rather discreet location (a lot of bars in Hollywood are like this) and it's really trendy and packed practically everyday. A few times, we've had after-work Friday parties there and it's quite a large space so you can roam around and meet the pretty ladies while getting lost from your boss/co-workers. This maximizes your chances of meeting someone new at least and so that's half of the battle won. Then, it's up in the air from there, depends on the girl's promiscuity, I suppose.

I can't give you a good answer from my personal experience because I actually haven't gone into a bar looking to meet ladies for a one night stand. So, yeah, I contradicted myself earlier. :-b

RugbyD wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:And Rugby, no man in their right mind walks into a bar looking for ladies just to have a meaningful conversation. :-b

quite true, but I always go in at least hoping to talk to something with a minimal mental capacity above that of a doorknob. I'm no good at forcing conversations.

my favorite take-away from the night was her getting all pissy b/c she thought I was wasting her time. Ha!

Same here. It's not that I'm not good at starting a conversation, it's more or less that I usually don't care to start one no matter how hot the girl is. I just have a "que sera sera" attitude about going to the bar. First and foremost, I'm just there to enjoy a pint or two or more and meeting girls just isn't even a tertiary thought for me. If I get a number and/or the girl, great, and if not, I could care less either way. It's not a winning strategy if you're really pressed to find someone, sure, especially when you're out of college and into the real world, but I'm not looking to win either.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:53 am

i wouldnt really know either because ive only really dealt with the college scene.

girls really arent the most confusing thing to deal with. ive actually found them to be quite simple, almost to a fault. you just have to find the good ones.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:03 am

Field wrote:Kind of a side note here, but I wanted to poise a question to the community:

What percentage of guys succeed in landing a one-night stand partner on a given night?

Let's put some perameters on this one:

- It's a rather large bar, so a few hundred people.
- Younger professionals frequent this bar (college bars don't count, that skews everything)
- It's a Friday or Saturday night so most people at the bar don't have to worry about waking up for work.
- The guy has never really met the girl, he may know of her though (a friend's friend is fine)

There's so many different scenarios that can affect or skew this percentage.
I think we should disqualify the sad freaks that wait outside at 3am and pick up the drunk/spewing girls when the bar closes.
Kick them out and I think the percentage is reasonably low.

I met my g/f when I was 18, and before that went to bars on a "pick-up mission" exactly 2 times. (My parents have owned bars most of my life and I'd rather pull my toenails out with a rusty knife then go to them)(And the drinking age in NZ is 18).
I was lucky to have a very good looking Polynesian friend with me both times and the girls swarmed to him like a bee to pollen. Both times he seemed to get the pick of the bunch and I got their friend (not as good as it sounds :-D). So I'm lifetime 2/2 in that situation :-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:13 am

Is it just me or is this place rampant with misogynistic ignorance? :-b
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby RyanK » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Snakes Gould wrote: you just have to find the good ones.

RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby RyanK » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:35 pm

did you go home alone

yep. for the better IMO.

"a night of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness"

as to the girl giving you her number, all for it.. i put minimal effort into pulling girls... though im thinking of trying to see if i can pull a girl a night.. i got enough seeds planted to get me through at least a week and half, but itll be hard... no pun intended
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:06 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Is it just me or is this place rampant with misogynistic ignorance? :-b

Misogynistic what now? *stares at Alizee avatar*

Nah, I'm just a bitter old man. :-C
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby CadensDad » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm always in a relationship somehow (Have been since 16) but work around bar's and such a lot and most guys get lucky once in a blue moon. But not very often

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheRock » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:45 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Is it just me or is this place rampant with misogynistic ignorance? :-b

:-D :-b :-B
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby beatdrum » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:05 am

- Do you see how a man walking into a bar NOT looking to get laid throws off the delicate balance of the universe?

i wanted to take her friend down, but there was no good transition

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about this? I think it involved the ménage! ;-D
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk