12 TM Fantasy Point - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 TM Fantasy Point

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 TM Fantasy Point

Postby Philly_05 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:48 pm

Ended up with the 12th pick in this no keeper league. What do you guys think I got stuck with some weak RP because of early runs. Do I try to trade for one or hope for the best? 162-SP 140-RP 1620-Bats

C- Victor Martinez
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Ian Kinsler
3B- Garrett Atkins
SS- Jimmy Rollins
OF- Matt Holliday
OF- Hideki Matsui
OF- Michael Cuddyer
OF- Ken Griffey Jr.
UT- Kevin Youkilis
Bench
2B- Luis Castillo
1B- Jason Giambi
OF- David DeJesus
OF- Luke Scott
2B- Asdrubal Cabrera
C- Jason Veritek

SP- Felix Hernandez
SP- Daisuke Matsuzaka
SP- Tim Lincecum
SP- Brett Myers
SP- Brad Penny
SP- Kyle Kendrick
SP- Jon Lester

RP- Brad Lidge
RP- Todd Jones
RP- Rafael Betancourt
RP- Jonathan Broxton
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 TM Fantasy Point

Postby usclerkguy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:23 pm

As far as RPs go, it is a long season and RPs come and go. You just gotta keep your eye out for any moves and or injuries. Last year J.Accardo was a great pick up during season after BJRyan was injured.
Also check waivers/free agents to see if guys like G.Sherrill or CJ Wilson or even Accardo or BJ Ryan have slipped through the cracks. Your offense looks pretty solid! Your SP is solid(although i don't think it truly has a #1SP). Keep your eyes open and good luck!!!

viewtopic.php?t=324656
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."--Classy Freddie Blassie
usclerkguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KrazyA428 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 pm

This team looks good to me. Victor Martinez is awesome, Adrian will build on last year's success, and I think Garrett Atkins will put it all together for a career year this season. Kinsler is a future star, and Rollins is a proven stud. Your OF isn't the best, but Holliday is nice to have. Your pitching looks solid. Dice-K will improve in every stat, Penny will probably stay healthy again, and I think Felix will break out this season. I would try to get another reliable closer, though. Lidge and Jones are kind of weak.

Thanks for the help on mine.
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby DC nats05 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:36 pm

I like your team. It is solid in many general aspects except RP's. The offense is pretty good - I like Cuddyer a lot this year, and I also think Cabrera will perform well. SPing is good - I love Lester this year. RP is another story, you will have some problems here. You can always keep a close eye on teams' closer situations. For example, like an above poster said, Accardo. But I would suggest bolstering and obtaining at least 1 closer by way of trading. You could trade a SP, or look to trade Kinsler. The rest of the team looks solid though!
DC nats05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby sublime8414 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:14 pm

Your Inf is very good. Suprised to see that holliday and j-roll both fell to you at 12 and 13...Wow! I've also never seen a 4 OF league, but i guess each league has it's own quirks. I think the luke scott, v-tek and castillo are all drop worthy, and you can grab some elite closer hopefuls. Along with the names listed above...Howry is the actual closer, and seems to have slipped, tony pena (ARZ), See if i Al Reyes or percival are available. Also look at the babip against Kyle Kendrick...He's not worth a roster spot. Also if this is a Roto league you about 30 SB short of the middle of the pack.

Thanks for mine!
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team