Lets Play "who's On the Juice" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lets Play "who's On the Juice"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ZAZ » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:31 pm

That reminds me, Piazza's thigh injury from last year looked like a classic injury due to too many riods.
ZAZ
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:00 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Sticky Spice wrote:I kinda like that rookie card test...

another beanpole turned mr universe is juan gonzalez. when you've got that many muscles it's hard not to pull at least one of them consistently.

his thighs look like a pissed off Bruce Banner's thighs

Do you guys remember the video of Dean Palmer's bicep snapping and falling to the underside of his arm? That was disgusting.

He was so juiced it was funny.

aghhhh what did you remind of that? Do you work for rotten.com? :-P

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Heimush » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:05 pm

KULCAT wrote:
wrveres wrote:Wow... 8-o

I am so impressed, I didn't realize that our cafe boasted so many Doctors, Nutrionalists and Personal Trainers.

You guys got all this from reading Rotoworld Bios? amazing. ;-D

Hey listen, I have this 'thingee' on my foot, can I get one of you all to take a look at it for me?

His right guys. There are no such thing as steroids. Its just common knowledge people in their mid 30´s just naturally grow 30 pounds of muscle and change their facial bone structure. Why are people so untrusting.

... and dont forget their heads grow three cap sizes! (Bonds)
"Inconceivable!"

"This word...I do not think it means what you think it means."
Heimush
College Coach
College Coach

Postby djacks » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:55 pm

One of the biggest warning signs of a guy that's juicing is chronic injuries. Steroids build up muscle to fast for the tendons and ligaments to keep up...therefore causing lots of damage to joints. I really don't think that many are on steriods...maybe 15%. A lot of it depends on your definition of "steriods"...there are so many supplements out there now...many of them legal...that it hard to distinguish "steriod" and HGH from nutritional supplements. These guys are proffesional athletes and work out for a living...30lbs of muscle in one off-season is obviously a sign of something amiss...but 30-50lbs of muscle over the course of a career is not. I don't give much credit to the 'rookie card' theory.

NO, I'm not a doctor, but I am a science teacher and certified strength and conditioning coach...so I know a little bit about fitness and supplements.
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

"The Juice"

Postby Just Admit It Pete » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:24 pm

I have no idea whos on the juice but I do know some guys in this league that could use a run to the "border".

Craig Counsell
Micky Morandini
Michael Young
Juan Cruz
Mark Grace
"Hey, hows your wife and my kids"
Just Admit It Pete
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:03 pm

Trot Nixon
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Re: "The Juice"

Postby KULCAT » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:11 pm

Just Admit It Pete wrote:I have no idea whos on the juice but I do know some guys in this league that could use a run to the "border".

Craig Counsell
Micky Morandini
Michael Young
Juan Cruz
Mark Grace

LMAO
Grace did some bench pressing two years ago but i guess nobody notice. How bout John Mabry?
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:19 pm

djacks wrote:One of the biggest warning signs of a guy that's juicing is chronic injuries. Steroids build up muscle to fast for the tendons and ligaments to keep up...therefore causing lots of damage to joints. I really don't think that many are on steriods...maybe 15%. A lot of it depends on your definition of "steriods"...there are so many supplements out there now...many of them legal...that it hard to distinguish "steriod" and HGH from nutritional supplements. These guys are proffesional athletes and work out for a living...30lbs of muscle in one off-season is obviously a sign of something amiss...but 30-50lbs of muscle over the course of a career is not. I don't give much credit to the 'rookie card' theory.

NO, I'm not a doctor, but I am a science teacher and certified strength and conditioning coach...so I know a little bit about fitness and supplements.

thank you .... I knew we had a few here. ;-D

Just a couple of quik questions for ya.

1) If have been searching for months and cannot find anything that supposedly makes your head grow, I also can't find any evedince of Barrys head growing? can you help me here. Heck Barry has only put on 30lbs since he came into baseball. a link, anything?

2) Lets just look at Barry for a minute, since he seems to be the scapegoat for a ton of really ignorant people on this thread,
Is he still on steriods?
Yes, why has he not hit more that 50 homers since his 73...
NO, why are his joints and tendons not falling apart like everybody else?

3) If steriods causes you to hit homeruns, again like all these ignorant people seem to think, why then, when a pitcher takes them, do they not throw 100-105 mph?

actually i have lots of questions ...

Though I doubt we would ever be able to have a serious discussion on this subject since we have many uninformed people with uneduacted opinions on this hot issue ... i just wanna say again, thanks ... ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:11 pm

i have a question for the cafe experts here. if your guy hits a homerun in the prison league, does that count for yahoo fantasy stats?

Postby John » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:28 pm

Brady Anderson (the year he hit like 50 homeruns)
Albert Belle
Frank Thomas
Brett Boone
Barry Bonds
Sammy Sosa
Jason Giambi
Gary Sheffield
Ruben Sierra
Jim Thome (not sure, just remember he started off as a much smaller 3rd basemen)
I doubt Manny does, I doubt he really lifts a lot. And players tend to "fill out" anyways.
It is possible that a lot of players are just naturally built and spend a lot of time in the weight room, but unexplained "power surges" in players 30s cause me to suspect players are on steroids. And look at players like Sosa, their faces are bulging with muscles and are breaking out.
John

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers