Lets Play "who's On the Juice" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lets Play "who's On the Juice"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j7 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:25 pm

i recently made a juice-list. mostly the usual suspects i think.. just in case the crack-down turned serious. i'll go look for it
j7
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 6 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lesgrant » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:29 pm

ajgdrummer7 wrote:call me a stubborn yankee fan but i just dont see giambi being the type of guy to take roids...but ahhh we'll find out soon enough...

anyways i think:

bonds
b. boone
l. gonzalez during the 57 hr year but i doubt nemore

these might be farfetched but i saw gagne and stuff up here so:
k. wood
s. sosa
j. lopez
r. sexson


Dude, I’m one of the most partisan Yankee fans around. But, I gotta be fair on this one. Giambi looks roided up. His connection to BALCO is very similar to Bonds. If I throw stones at Bonds, I gotta do the same for Jason. In fact I think that the juice is so out of control, very few of the players we all root for could say in all honesty that they never touched the stuff. This is one where we all take a hit. Fans too, because we cheered it on and buried our heads in denial because 70 hr in one season was too good a gift horse.
Image
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 705
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:32 pm

j7 wrote:i recently made a juice-list. mostly the usual suspects i think.. just in case the crack-down turned serious. i'll go look for it


ooooh a suspect list.

Ill start it:
Theres always that Cato guy, never really trusted him.
What about Cocharan? Pretty suspicious how the glove didnt fit only after JC had possesion of it.
Maybe it was Darden. He seemed really shifty to me, like he was trying to deflect atention from himself.
What about the stranger theory? It could have been a crazed OJ fan who caught them in the act and wanted better for OJ.

Dang, this is getting tough...
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby j7 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:53 pm

heh - well dammit i lost it :,-( i'll try making this one from scratch, even if its pointless:

Barry Bonds
Jason Giambi
Brett Boone
Jeff Bagwell
Sammy Sosa
Albert Pujols
Scott Rolen
Magglio Ordonez
Gary Sheffield
Javy Lopez
Eric Gagne
Roger Clemens
Phil Nevin
like a million other guys... i can't remember the more obscure ones
Last edited by j7 on Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j7
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 6 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sigtaulefty » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:55 pm

KolbSaves wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:Mo Vaughn
Cecil Fielder



only if by steroids you mean big macs with fries


Steroids can add fat, if you don't work out. Name me two "athletes" who look like they work out less than those two?
Image
[b]"I'd like the thank the good lord for making me a Yankee"[/b] - Joe DiMaggio
sigtaulefty
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 215
Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Right Field

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:00 pm

BRAD FULLMER.

Makes Hans and Franz look like the Tom Green
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:45 pm

Wow... 8-o

I am so impressed, I didn't realize that our cafe boasted so many Doctors, Nutrionalists and Personal Trainers.

You guys got all this from reading Rotoworld Bios? amazing. ;-D



Hey listen, I have this 'thingee' on my foot, can I get one of you all to take a look at it for me?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

MLB and "suplements"

Postby redbirds125 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:09 pm

A point to ponder who has made the most money from the increase in HR's. Who benefited from Big Mac and Sosa quest for the HR record? Who will make the money as Bonds nears the HR record.
MLB that's who. Maybe thats why very little drug testing done.
redbirds125
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 20
Joined: 6 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:52 pm

wrveres wrote:Wow... 8-o

I am so impressed, I didn't realize that our cafe boasted so many Doctors, Nutrionalists and Personal Trainers.

You guys got all this from reading Rotoworld Bios? amazing. ;-D



Hey listen, I have this 'thingee' on my foot, can I get one of you all to take a look at it for me?


LOL...i was wondering how long it was going to take you to chime in here.... :-b
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:49 pm

sigtaulefty wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:Mo Vaughn
Cecil Fielder



only if by steroids you mean big macs with fries



Steroids can add fat, if you don't work out. Name me two "athletes" who look like they work out less than those two?


your argument is:

A. Steroids add fat if the user doesn't work out

B. Fielder and Vaughn are fat

C. Fat people don't work out

therefore Fielder and Vaughn used roids


this is fallacious reasoning (circular reasoning probably, maybe even a non sequitur)

Fielder and Vaughn may be fat mearly because they have different body builds or even that they don't work out but still don't take steroids, their fatness does not conclude that they used steroids

I concede the possibility that they may have, but then one has to concede the possibility that everyone has used roids.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3477
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Detroit, MI

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact