Website Traffig Analysis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Website Traffig Analysis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Website Traffig Analysis

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:56 am

Could anyone direct me to a site where you can look up a site and find out some website traffic information for free without needing to register or anything? Where you could type in "fantasybaseballcafe.com" and find out how many hits a day, etc?

I once came across one of these sites and you could look up any website on the internet without having to register or pay for anything. Anyone know of any of these sites? Thanks.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Website Traffig Analysis

Postby Tavish » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:40 pm

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:55 pm

haha the cafe is the 5,735th ranked site in austria, that's pretty damn high.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:37 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:haha the cafe is the 5,735th ranked site in austria, that's pretty damn high.

One thing to remember about the Alexa rankings is that it is an opt-in program. It tracks hits by people with the Alexa toolbar installed. The toolbar has a pretty large user base and it is supposedly a fairly diverse group, but there certainly could be some biases there.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby Field » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Any explanation for why there was so much more traffic in the spring of 06 vs. the spring of 07. There was a very large spike in 2006. Seems like we've been losing a little bit of luster since then.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Madison » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Field wrote:Any explanation for why there was so much more traffic in the spring of 06 vs. the spring of 07. There was a very large spike in 2006. Seems like we've been losing a little bit of luster since then.

Read Tavish's post again. The info on their site is flat incorrect on this one due to them only using info gathered from people using their toolbar. We were busier in '07 than we were in '06.

To answer the original question, the answer is simply "none exist". At least none I'm aware of. I have yet to see anyone post up or mention a site that accurately tracks other sites.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Madison wrote:
Field wrote:Any explanation for why there was so much more traffic in the spring of 06 vs. the spring of 07. There was a very large spike in 2006. Seems like we've been losing a little bit of luster since then.

Read Tavish's post again. The info on their site is flat incorrect on this one due to them only using info gathered from people using their toolbar. We were busier in '07 than we were in '06.

To answer the original question, the answer is simply "none exist". At least none I'm aware of. I have yet to see anyone post up or mention a site that accurately tracks other sites.

The sites themselves and/or the hosting providers are the only ones who can generate a truly accurate measure, simply due to the design of the internet. That is A Very Good Thing(tm). For the lower traffic pages Alexa serves better as a baseline gauge, it is much more accurate with the higher end sites.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Alexa is the best known one, but it's really good just for getting a quick snapshot of the site traffic off of reach and page views. I know it's the only research solution I use just for the purpose of looking something up quickly. As Tav said before, it keeps track of those users participating with the toolbar (like how Nielsen does TV and Net ratings) and even if it gets a fairly good random sample of Internet users, it doesn't guarantee any accuracy.

Take a look at Hitwise and I believe comScore is another good source.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks for the link Tavish, that was actually the exact website I had been to.

But I guess the results are skewed, I don't even know what that toolbar thing is.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:57 am

what the heck is an alexa toolbar? :-{

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk