Yahoo Prospect Additions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Prospect Additions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Prospect Additions

Postby Niffoc4 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Zhangman1 wrote:I remember a big debate last year when yahoo added a big group of propects (i think hughes, lincecum, bailey, votto) into the player database before they got called up last year. Has some sort of system/method been set up for when propects are added?
I think I remember the genie saying last year it was based on something like popular request.

Which makes me wonder, if a group of people got together and started a campaign to add someone (say Jeff Bianchi) could they get him added even though he has no chance of reaching the majors anytime soon (if ever)?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:42 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:
Zhangman1 wrote:I remember a big debate last year when yahoo added a big group of propects (i think hughes, lincecum, bailey, votto) into the player database before they got called up last year. Has some sort of system/method been set up for when propects are added?
I think I remember the genie saying last year it was based on something like popular request.

Which makes me wonder, if a group of people got together and started a campaign to add someone (say Jeff Bianchi) could they get him added even though he has no chance of reaching the majors anytime soon (if ever)?

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:For those wanting prospects to be added ASAP, I'd set the general expectation that, especially once the season starts, we'll be very reluctant to add prospects unless their arrival in the major leagues is imminent. There are two camps on this issue, and going forward we'd like to be able to make both happy, but until that point in time we're likely to err on the side of not introducing prospects too early during the season.

;-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby BravesGuy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:22 pm

Prior, Corey Patterson, Giles, Lofton, Ensberg, and Nick Johnson were just added. ;-D
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby crudbucket36 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:08 pm

BravesGuy wrote:Prior, Corey Patterson, Giles, Lofton, Ensberg, and Nick Johnson were just added. ;-D

Ah, thanks for this update! I'm keeping a close eye on Nick Johnson in case Alex Gordon doesn't pan out.
crudbucket36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MotorCityKitties » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Just as FYI,

Bonds and Clemens were added today.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager