Yahoo Prospect Additions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Prospect Additions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Prospect Additions

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:34 am

Other than the players mentioned I can think of a few:
Any Japanese addition other than Kuroda. My guess with them is they are NRI's, so they won't be added until they make a team.
Kenny Lofton (doesn't have a contract).
Can't think of any prospects though.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wrangor » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:22 am

This is the one major beef I have with Yahoo - they should not add prospects that have not played a game in the major league level. It should be that once a prospect is called up, then the player is added to the system. I have the #1 waiver in my league entering the season, so I will be pissed if Price and/or Kershaw are added before they are called up. We need to keep this thread going, so that if a player of significance is added someone will respond to this thread, and it will alert us in our email. I didn't have a high waiver last year with Gallardo, but I would have been mad if I would have missed out on him with the #1 because Yahoo added him way too early.
Wrangor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:54 am

Sarcastro105 wrote:Marcus Giles is also missing.

as is Morgan Ensberg
"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it."
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby HydoBomb25 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:20 am

I'm still waiting for Alexi Ramirez
HydoBomb25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MotorCityKitties » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Are there going to be any prospect additions that have the potential to provide huge value? I'd say Braun-like, but it's not going to be every year that borderline 1st round talent shows up out of nowhere. By my estimation anyone with even a chance of providing huge value this year has already been added to the system. Who am I missing?
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:23 pm

I'd expect another smallish cluster of players to appear as early as tomorrow, but sometime soon in any case. I would not expect many prospects in that list, however; they are primarily veterans that were not present either due to lack of contract or long-term injuries. Prior, Nick Johnson, Bonds, Clemens, Corey Patterson, Ensberg, some others that I don't remember at the moment.

For those wanting prospects to be added ASAP, I'd set the general expectation that, especially once the season starts, we'll be very reluctant to add prospects unless their arrival in the major leagues is imminent. There are two camps on this issue, and going forward we'd like to be able to make both happy, but until that point in time we're likely to err on the side of not introducing prospects too early during the season.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby eftda » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:36 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I'd expect another smallish cluster of players to appear as early as tomorrow, but sometime soon in any case. I would not expect many prospects in that list, however; they are primarily veterans that were not present either due to lack of contract or long-term injuries. Prior, Nick Johnson, Bonds, Clemens, Corey Patterson, Ensberg, some others that I don't remember at the moment.

For those wanting prospects to be added ASAP, I'd set the general expectation that, especially once the season starts, we'll be very reluctant to add prospects unless their arrival in the major leagues is imminent. There are two camps on this issue, and going forward we'd like to be able to make both happy, but until that point in time we're likely to err on the side of not introducing prospects too early during the season.

It's so nice to have you here. B-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Niffoc4 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Thanks for the info yahoo genie.

I think this is one thing though, where Yahoo had it right the 1st time. Wait until they are at least on the 40 man (or 25 man I don't remember). Why? Because it is a clear standard, that makes life easier for everyone. Either that or have all AA and AAA players available (ugh!).
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Zhangman1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 pm

I remember a big debate last year when yahoo added a big group of propects (i think hughes, lincecum, bailey, votto) into the player database before they got called up last year. Has some sort of system/method been set up for when propects are added?
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby fortune cookies » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Chan Ho Park and Akinori Otsuka are both missing. There goes the all asian team

Thanks to Idahofan1 for the great sig
fortune cookies
College Coach
College Coach