100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

John Lackey Elbow troubles?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: John Lackey Elbow troubles?

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:54 am

From Rotoworld:
Apr. 20 - 8:39 am et
John Lackey (triceps) will begin a minor league rehab assignment Thursday.

Lackey threw 40 pitches in a simulated game Saturday. "The way he threw the ball out there in the sim game, he's ready stuff-wise to compete in a game," manager Mike Scioscia said. Lackey will need at least three rehab starts to build his pitch count. He could rejoin the Angels' rotation on May 14.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sgtdilbert » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:57 am

I'm so excited! :) I bought tickets yesterday for the Quakes game which is about a mile from my home. It will be nice to see Lackey throwing again. I'll bring an update here on Friday about how he looks!
sgtdilbert
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:35 pm

sgtdilbert wrote:I'm so excited! :) I bought tickets yesterday for the Quakes game which is about a mile from my home. It will be nice to see Lackey throwing again. I'll bring an update here on Friday about how he looks!

Hope all goes well on Friday and definitely looking forward to that update ;-D
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:01 am

From Rotoworld:
Apr. 25 - 3:32 am et
John Lackey (triceps) allowed one run in two innings and struck out five in his rehab start for Single-A Rancho Cucamonga on Thursday.

Just as if it were the start of the spring, Lackey was only scheduled for two innings in his first appearance. He'll start in the California League again on Tuesday.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sgtdilbert » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:18 am

I was at the game last night. Lackey earned 5 SO more because of lack of batter patience than an overpowering performance. I counted at least 3 pitches that were close to hitting left handed batters. One of those pitches, I have no idea how it didn't hit him. There was plenty of foul tips as well. I wasn't close enough to the radar gun, so I'm not sure where his velocity was exactly.

I am an Angels fan, and was at Game 7 of the World Series in 2002 where Lackey pitched, so I know that I'm not very objective when it comes to analyzing these guys. But, I am concerned with what I saw last night. I'm not going to rush to conclusions right now, but needless to say, I'm not as excited about his year as I was before 7p last night.

I'm planning on being at the May 4 Quakes game to see him pitch again.

s.
sgtdilbert
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 am

From Yahoo!
Apr 28 RHP John Lackey (strained triceps) will make the second start of his minor league injury rehabilitation assignment with Class A Rancho Cucamonga on Tuesday night. Lackey went two innings in his first rehab start, throwing 41 pitches. He is expected to stretch out to approximately 60 pitches in this outing.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jackmcmanus21 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:44 am

I waiting on Lackey to come back as well...hopefully it is worth holding him on the DL this long
jackmcmanus21
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dssguy99 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:11 am

sgtdilbert wrote:I was at the game last night. Lackey earned 5 SO more because of lack of batter patience than an overpowering performance. I counted at least 3 pitches that were close to hitting left handed batters. One of those pitches, I have no idea how it didn't hit him. There was plenty of foul tips as well. I wasn't close enough to the radar gun, so I'm not sure where his velocity was exactly.

I am an Angels fan, and was at Game 7 of the World Series in 2002 where Lackey pitched, so I know that I'm not very objective when it comes to analyzing these guys. But, I am concerned with what I saw last night. I'm not going to rush to conclusions right now, but needless to say, I'm not as excited about his year as I was before 7p last night.

s.

...this is not game 7...this was his first appearence, more or less, for the season...
dssguy99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sgtdilbert » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 am

dssguy99 wrote:
sgtdilbert wrote:I was at the game last night. Lackey earned 5 SO more because of lack of batter patience than an overpowering performance. I counted at least 3 pitches that were close to hitting left handed batters. One of those pitches, I have no idea how it didn't hit him. There was plenty of foul tips as well. I wasn't close enough to the radar gun, so I'm not sure where his velocity was exactly.

s.

...this is not game 7...this was his first appearence, more or less, for the season...

I didn't phrase it correctly I guess. I meant that I'm pretty overly optimistic when it comes to anyone that plays for the Angels, so anything I have to say about these guys should probably be viewed with a grain of salt.
sgtdilbert
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Fri May 09, 2008 6:25 pm

From Yahoo!
May 8 RHP John Lackey (strained triceps) is scheduled to make his fourth and final rehab start Friday at the Angels' extended spring training camp in Arizona. The plan is for Lackey to stretch out to approximately 80 pitches, then make his season debut in the Angels' rotation Wednesday against the Chicago White Sox. That start could move back a day or two based on how Lackey comes out of Friday's workout, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates