Lowe or Halladay? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lowe or Halladay?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tallmike » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:31 pm

Neither have an established track record but I'm inclined to Halladay.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby poundsman » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:17 pm

i dont think that lowe can have a repeat of the season that he had last year so go with halladay
When my time on earth has passed, I hope the bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass.
-Bob Knight-
poundsman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:19 pm

I think that Lowe can repeat what he did last year, but I doubt many other people think so. I think he'll be a bargain. Judging from the responses in here and the draft that I've done, you could pick Halladay and then Lowe in the next round if you were so inclined.
Hank
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nappy Dugout » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:25 am

These guys are two guys I am looking to avoid this year.

Lowe will not be as good as last year, and I don't like his K's. He will go too early for me.

Halladay was awesome last year. I could really be missing the boat here, but I don't like his checkered career. He seems a head case to me. He has a bunch of tough matchups early, and this could lead to a steamroll effect on his psyche. On the other hand, if he gets a couple wins early, he will be ready to roll. I am just guessing he doesn't. 3-4 round is too early again for me.
You don't need a quadraphonic Blaupunkt, what you need is a curveball!....
Nappy Dugout
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby THE MASHER » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:18 am

Halladay, IMO, is @ the 8th best SP - I have Lowe @ 14th. I think that Halladay gets more k's and is comparable in the other categories as well. While both were probably over their heads last year, I think Hallady is the better pitcher!
THE MASHER
THE MASHER
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Blizman34 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:23 pm

Before the season I had Lowe written in for a mediocre year at best but after reading up on his work ethic and development over the offseason, as well as his mindset my point of view is shifting. He's a real down to earth humble guy who busts his @ss to be a solid starter and it showed last year. He's also been written in as the #3 starter behind Pedro and Wakefield this year giving him more favorable matchups. Instead of letting his ego get in the way he said he doesn't care when he pitches as long as he pitches. This from the #3 vote for the AL Cy Young last year. Oh yeah and Halladay is money too so either way you'll be in good shape. Just keep inmind Halladay is the work horse on the Toronto staff and Lowe has the almighty Pedro as a security blanket. I think Lowe in the long run.
Blizman34

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers