2008 Positional Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

2008 Positional Rankings

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Re: 2008 Positional Rankings

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
KronJon wrote:How do you get included in these rankings? I'd like to take part next year if possible. I've been extremely successful in fantasy BB for many years and really take pride in how well my predictions pan out each year.

someone gathers them (i did it this year) and i invited some recognizable names from the cafe and guys who i know will be around at the end of the year to talk about them again. also, i invited guys who i know have a good sense of things, not "experts" or guys i thought were the smartest (hey i invited ORS! :-b ), but tried to get a well-rounded group. i also picked guys that i know would be around often for any questions and issues that would arise and that would be pleasant to work with. next year, a new guy will most likely compile the rankings (be forewarned that it takes more time than you think!) and maybe they'll invite you, or maybe you compile them.

Yep, don't have to know anything, just have to be around a lot. :-b :-B :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby abrage22 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
KronJon wrote:How do you get included in these rankings? I'd like to take part next year if possible. I've been extremely successful in fantasy BB for many years and really take pride in how well my predictions pan out each year.

someone gathers them (i did it this year) and i invited some recognizable names from the cafe and guys who i know will be around at the end of the year to talk about them again. also, i invited guys who i know have a good sense of things, not "experts" or guys i thought were the smartest (hey i invited ORS! :-b ), but tried to get a well-rounded group. i also picked guys that i know would be around often for any questions and issues that would arise and that would be pleasant to work with. next year, a new guy will most likely compile the rankings (be forewarned that it takes more time than you think!) and maybe they'll invite you, or maybe you compile them.

Yep, don't have to know anything, just have to be around a lot. :-b :-B :-D

haha sound perfect for me :-)
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Whisp wrote:despite a couple of crazy rankings, caden was still the best ranker of the bunch.

its impossible to name a best ranker. your style and preferences are just more similar to caden's than anyone else. i dont really think there is a best and worst.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MashinSpuds » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:56 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Whisp wrote:despite a couple of crazy rankings, caden was still the best ranker of the bunch.

its impossible to name a best ranker. your style and preferences are just more similar to caden's than anyone else. i dont really think there is a best and worst.

Yeah, this is true. I still think some of those crazy rankings by Caden (Dan Haren at #21 makes me think he ranked him if he was still on the A's) makes me question his getting the best marks regardless of style and preference.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:

This is the truth for sure ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:36 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:

Right, there really is no best/worst ranker of the lot here. You'll find that most of us were on the same wavelength more or less for the majority of players ranked, more so the case for the more prominent players.

I think the average rankings, at least from my view, panned out as expected.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Previous

Return to Article Discussions