Looking for parity. OB% & BA in same league make sense? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Looking for parity. OB% & BA in same league make sense?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for parity. OB% & BA in same league make sense?

Postby Croke » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:17 am

For the past 3 years in a 10 league keeper. The top 5 positions have kinda run away with it. Is it my categories?

BA R HR RBI SB
ERA W Ks SV WHiP

What if I replaced Runs with OB%. It seems to me every year the same 3 teams are always in the top 5 of R HR RBI. I want more parity in my league.

Any thoughts or suggestions. Should I just make a 4 x 4 and lose Runs and Ks. Or is a 6 x 6 spread things out?
Croke
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for parity. OB% & BA in same league make sense?

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:04 pm

Don't have OBP and BA in the same league, maybe BA and BB, but OBP and BA just doubly counts BA.

But to your point; no, it's not your categories. Those are the best categories to use. Though I prefer OPS to BA, but having OPS as a category would probably help those same few teams.

Changing the categories isn't going to make parity happen. The reason those teams are always leading is probably because they are better at fantasy baseball than the rest of the league. Changing the league would make them less good - it will just make them have to focus on other categories.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner