AL ONLY Minors Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

AL ONLY Minors Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL ONLY Minors Draft

Postby oakiegu007 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:19 pm

8 Team league.

I had the 2nd over all pick. I then traded Rich Harden for the 3rd overall pick, and Figgins for Adam Lind, Kevin Slowey and the 7th Overall pick. I also have the 10th pick.

I snagged 2 firsts last year and ended up with Longoria and Snider. I also have guys like Verlander, Adenhart, Garza, Weaver. So I have a very solid minor league system (minus verlander who I called up:) )
Sooooo....

Most guys that were drafted in 06 are gone obviously.

I have to assume Price is taken with the first pick. He's desperate for pitching.

With the 2nd and 3rd, would you folks take Moustakas and Porcello? I can't rationalize taking wieters with the 2nd or 3rd pick. I really don't think is ceiling is as high as others might think. I also already have Mauer. Anyone I'm missing?

When the 7th pick rolls around, which way would people go?

I assume there will be someone left from the Jennings, Mills, de lost santos, walden, carlos gonzalez, jackson, beltre group.

It's striking to see how a lot of pro scouts are down on Mills. Granted he wasn't playing for a powerhouse, but he mashed. So what if he's a pure hitter...that doesn't matter for folks like us! Jennings has a lot of potential as well.

At 10 I assume guys like Hodges, Weglarz and andrus will be around, although I don't know what to make of Andrus.

What say you? I don't want to take another HS arm after taking Porcello, until later rounds, so that eliminates some guys.
oakiegu007
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AL ONLY Minors Draft

Postby oakiegu007 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:39 pm

I should add Kalish to that list.
oakiegu007
T-Ball Trainer

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:02 pm

Off the guys you listed, I'd rank...

1st Tier
Jennings
C. Gonzalez

2nd Tier
de los Santos
Walden
A. Jackson
Kalish
E.Beltre
Andrus

Beau Mills Tier
Mills
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:42 am

8 Team league.

I had the 2nd over all pick. I then traded Rich Harden for the 3rd overall pick, and Figgins for Adam Lind, Kevin Slowey and the 7th Overall pick. I also have the 10th pick.

I snagged 2 firsts last year and ended up with Longoria and Snider. I also have guys like Verlander, Adenhart, Garza, Weaver. So I have a very solid minor league system (minus verlander who I called up:) )
Sooooo....

Most guys that were drafted in 06 are gone obviously.

I have to assume Price is taken with the first pick. He's desperate for pitching.

With the 2nd and 3rd, would you folks take Moustakas and Porcello? I can't rationalize taking wieters with the 2nd or 3rd pick. I really don't think is ceiling is as high as others might think. I also already have Mauer. Anyone I'm missing?

When the 7th pick rolls around, which way would people go?

I assume there will be someone left from the Jennings, Mills, de lost santos, walden, carlos gonzalez, jackson, beltre group.

It's striking to see how a lot of pro scouts are down on Mills. Granted he wasn't playing for a powerhouse, but he mashed. So what if he's a pure hitter...that doesn't matter for folks like us! Jennings has a lot of potential as well.

At 10 I assume guys like Hodges, Weglarz and andrus will be around, although I don't know what to make of Andrus.

What say you? I don't want to take another HS arm after taking Porcello, until later rounds, so that eliminates some guys.

To be perfectly honest, I am not sure why you wouldn't take Wieters even with Mauer. Catchers have a very short shelf life, and elite catchers in -Only leagues are worth their weight in gold. So I think you might be acting just a wee bit shortsighted here, especially if Mauer has to switch to DH because of his knees, or if he goes to 1bm which really kills his value, which may be overrated anyhow.

Also, as much as I like Porcello, I am steering clear of any DET prospect in my -only league because of the trade factor involved with them as they pursue every avenue to a WS.

Guys that I like as well as the ones you mention are as follows:
Mike Moustakas - Yea, best bat, no doubt
Lars Anderson - He'll replace Youkilis in 2010
Jed Lowrie - Call up as soon as September, or Lugo's next cold streak
Carlos Gonzalez - Steady as she goes, not huge power, not huge speed, just a solid player
Beau Mills - Rakes, doesn't get much love
Aaron Poreda(Think Billy Wagner, except he's 6'6 and 240)
Jose Tabata (Future Rf in Yankee Mint, errr Stadium)
Andrew Brackman(if you have a late late pick, upside equal to any pitcher, but Yankees offense)
Elvis Andrus (The hype supercedes the output, think Edgar Renteria when he gets to the bigs)
Wade Davis - Another TB pitcher, flies under the radar set by Price, McGee, Brignac, et al
-----------
Chris Tillman - Orioles starter/reliever. Power arm, great stuff/command
Chris Davis - Switched back to 1b in Texas, will replace Ben Broussard this year. 36 HR/119 RBI in minors last year. Better than Beau Mills.....

Hope this helps.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Return to Minor League & College Baseball