Arod , Wright or Cabrera - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arod , Wright or Cabrera

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Arod , Wright or Cabrera

Postby shoelessjoetara » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:25 pm

I was wondering if it is worth trying to get the 1st overall pick and take Arod or wait a little and take Wright or Cabrera. I would like to take Arod because he is the best player in the draft and I will still be able to get a great 2nd and 3rd round pick . On the flip side, If I take say the 4th overall pick I can get Wright which is a 5 category stud and still be able to get players that would not be there in the 2nd round if I had the 1st overall pick.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Arod , Wright or Cabrera

Postby abrage22 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:43 pm

well i would rank these three guys as so:
Arod

Wright
Cabrera

Being pretty sure Arod will go first is a good pick and as u said u can get a good player yet in the 2nd or third round. but around the mid 2nd round there seems to be a big drop off, if ur league is smart at pick 1 u prabably wouldn't get as great as a pick as the other players taken in the 2nd round. at the 4the pick u can't garuntee Wright definetly not, but either getting wright or miguel u'd have a great player that i think won't be far behind arod this year, and u will still have great options in the 2nd round. i'd rather have the 4th pick and get one of them. since alot of people like wright at number 2 getting him at 4 or so and then having a earlier 2nd round pick could be a steal ;-D ;-D ;-D . i relize alot of that doesn't make sense sorry :-D :-D :-o
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Arod , Wright or Cabrera

Postby colemwi » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:54 pm

Arod because he is the onl one with the ability to do what he did last year
colemwi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor