Romantic Movies...help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Romantic Movies...help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Romantic Movies...help

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:02 pm

MrsAcidRock digs Lord of the Rings, finding Aragorn 'hot'. She gave me crap about being a geek until she watched it but I conned her into watching it a couple of years ago and, at the end of FOTR, she said 'woah, is that real?' and has been hooked ever since.

She subsequently went to see ROTK @ the theater, occasionally says 'Let us hunt some orc' w/ a wierd gleam in her eye and found it highly amusing and charming when she saw the Aragorn action figure I stuck on top of her LOTR birthday cake. Now Aragorn stands next to the Little House on the Prairie that our daughter made in 3rd grade. It's a nice scene.

Other bonus that ensued was that when the old 32" TV fried out (picture tube was shot, so Gandalf or any other white object was blindingly white...) we went to Best Buy, wandered around and ended up w/ a 62" DLP projection tv. No argument whatsoever, we separated and ended up together staring at it and, since it was in between two other ones that did not quite look as sharp, we said 'what the hell' and bought it. Very romantic...;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jivedude » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Hmm, I guess I'm a bit late, but rent Amelie.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RyanK » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:33 am

AEMRICH, your in college right? what year?

under that asumption, are you going out to eat or cooking her dinner in the dorm?
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby AEMRICH » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:28 pm

RyanK wrote:AEMRICH, your in college right? what year?

under that asumption, are you going out to eat or cooking her dinner in the dorm?

Yeah in college, 2nd year. I'm staying with her for the next couple of days at her apartment and when she is gone to work tomorrow i will be cooking dinner in an average size kitchen. Right now i'm thinking of having the wine ready along with sliced pears and smoked gouda, along with that i was thinking of getting a small piece of tuna and searing both sides and cutting it into strips to place on a bed of green along with some seseame ginger dressing and a few mandarin oranges. For dessert i was going to dip strawberries in melted chocolate. Right now though i'm not sure what to do for a main course.
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:34 pm

ensanimal wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote: I had never seen it, but back in high school, it was a good way to get a date.

Not many dates in high school, huh? ;-7

:-D

Actually, it's true. I had a few dates, but never had a true girlfriend in high school. I guess it's because I wouldn't go to sappy chick flicks and back then, I had an unhealthy obsession to hunt down and decapitate Leonardo di Caprio. ;-7

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:35 pm

AEMRICH wrote:

Yeah in college, 2nd year. I'm staying with her for the next couple of days at her apartment and when she is gone to work tomorrow i will be cooking dinner in an average size kitchen. Right now i'm thinking of having the wine ready along with sliced pears and smoked gouda, along with that i was thinking of getting a small piece of tuna and searing both sides and cutting it into strips to place on a bed of green along with some seseame ginger dressing and a few mandarin oranges. For dessert i was going to dip strawberries in melted chocolate. Right now though i'm not sure what to do for a main course.

You're 19 - 20. It is illegal for you to consume alcohol. Tisk tisk.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:08 pm

AEMRICH wrote:

I saw a strawberries with chocolate dip combo at Costco. How luxurious is that. :-b

Main course? That's easy, all college kids love ramen. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:48 am

AEMRICH wrote:

Tuna, before a romantic evening? Better get some mentos. :-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:07 am

bigh0rt wrote:
AEMRICH wrote:

Not only that, but he's already smoking gouda as well. This is one troubled youngster.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby AEMRICH » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:22 am

bigh0rt wrote:
AEMRICH wrote:

I, like some people, took a year off before going to college putting me at a big 21. Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm going to go grocery shopping very soon.
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to General Talk