Just Drafted 12 Team Yahoo Thoughts? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just Drafted 12 Team Yahoo Thoughts? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just Drafted 12 Team Yahoo Thoughts? WHIR

Postby crudbucket36 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:15 am

Just drafted this team in a 12 team Yahoo competitive roto. Looking for your thoughts. WHIR

C Posada
1B Gordon
2B Figgins
3B Braun
SS Rollins
OF Hart
OF Matsui
OF Granderson
Util Ibanez
BN Hall
BN O. Hudson
BN Lowell

SP C. Young
SP Lackey
RP Rivera
RP Capps
P Sheets
P Weaver
P Arroyo
BN Lester
BN Jurrjens

I really like how my team turned out. My only concern is saves but I've always managed to get that injury replacement in the beginning of the season. Jurrjens is my sleeper pick. I didn't mean to draft Hudson - that was a complete accident.

Current FA include:

Hitters: Thomas, Matthews Jr., DeJesus, Cameron, Melky,

Pitchers: Meche, Zito, Glavine, Buehrle, James, Lowery, Bush, Maddux, Ian Kennedy

Let me know what you think. WHIR
crudbucket36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just Drafted 12 Team Yahoo Thoughts? WHIR

Postby Jibba_at_work » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:55 pm

Haven't played roto in awhile, so keep that in mind. Your infield looks solid with a good mix of power and speed, and although you don't have a prototypical slugger in your OF, I think it will be very productive this year. Personally, I'd take Lowell over Ibanez in your UTIL though.

As for pitching, you have a very solid 1-2, but have a bit of a drop off from there. I'd consider dropping Hudson and picking up a Meche/Zito/Buerhle, or possibly a young sleeper SP with a higher ceiling. Then you can replace the extra bat after the season starts. Hope this helps. Thanks for the help on mine.
Jibba_at_work
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bsblallstr » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:06 pm

zito is who i would go after, he will be fine this year, he was pretty good two years ago with a crappy offense, so im just gonna say he had a bad year, so yeah drop hudson for zito, and jurjenns as well for another pitcher, jurjiens is a sleeper who i feel doesnt have that high ceiling
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby usclerkguy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:47 pm

It looks like a pretty productive team, though as noted there isn't a protatypical slugger in the OF, but you should get some HR production out of Granderson, Matsui , and Hart(75-80 between them is likely) as well as the HR production from Braun and Rollins(guessing about 60-65 between them).Your team is built for speed with Figgins, Rollins, Hart, and Braun.You should do fine with steals. As stated by another poster, a nice mix of speed and power. If I were you I'd look into dropping someone(maybe your sleeper or Hudson and picking up a RP..see if Jeremy Accardo is availble...he could be a nice pick, especially if things don't work out with BJ Ryan's comeback. Accardo will at least start the season as closer and might get 10-15 saves til they try Ryan. Just a thought. Good luck and thanks for checking mine out!
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."--Classy Freddie Blassie
usclerkguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Metsin06 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:25 pm

crudbucket36 wrote:Just drafted this team in a 12 team Yahoo competitive roto. Looking for your thoughts. WHIR

C Posada
1B Gordon
2B Figgins
3B Braun
SS Rollins
OF Hart
OF Matsui
OF Granderson
Util Ibanez
BN Hall
BN O. Hudson
BN Lowell

SP C. Young
SP Lackey
RP Rivera
RP Capps
P Sheets
P Weaver
P Arroyo
BN Lester
BN Jurrjens

I really like how my team turned out. My only concern is saves but I've always managed to get that injury replacement in the beginning of the season. Jurrjens is my sleeper pick. I didn't mean to draft Hudson - that was a complete accident.

Current FA include:

Pitchers: Meche, Zito, Glavine, Buehrle, James, Lowery, Bush, Maddux, Ian Kennedy

Your infield and pitching looks solid. You're lacking a slugger in the OF and could use some more power, maybe look thru a trade? Pick up either kennedy or maddux off the WW and your pitching staff is in business.

Please help

viewtopic.php?t=323743
Metsin06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Some Guy 15 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Metsin06 wrote:
crudbucket36 wrote:Just drafted this team in a 12 team Yahoo competitive roto. Looking for your thoughts. WHIR

C Posada
1B Gordon
2B Figgins
3B Braun
SS Rollins
OF Hart
OF Matsui
OF Granderson
Util Ibanez
BN Hall
BN O. Hudson
BN Lowell

SP C. Young
SP Lackey
RP Rivera
RP Capps
P Sheets
P Weaver
P Arroyo
BN Lester
BN Jurrjens

Current FA include:

Your infield and pitching looks solid. You're lacking a slugger in the OF and could use some more power, maybe look thru a trade? Pick up either kennedy or maddux off the WW and your pitching staff is in business.

Please help

viewtopic.php?t=323743

And Drop Hudson.
Some Guy 15
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team