Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Downgrade IROD even more

Postby CadensDad » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm

won't change much for me, he's in a killer lineup

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby KronJon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:21 pm

I thought this was already common knowledge that he would hit 7th or 8th... IROD has been overvalued for years. He has been consistantly mediocre for 3 years in a row so now it is pretty obvious what you will get out of him...about a .280 AVG, 12 HR, and run/rbi totals near 60. He has been one of the best catcher of all time but lets face it, most of his fantasy rankings lately have come from his name rather than his performance. I'd much rather have Ramon Hernandez, Bengie Molina, or even Jason Varitek at this point as I see all of them at least matching IROD but most likely surpassing him in fantasy value.
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stumpak » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:22 am

KronJon wrote:I thought this was already common knowledge that he would hit 7th or 8th... IROD has been overvalued for years. He has been consistantly mediocre for 3 years in a row so now it is pretty obvious what you will get out of him...about a .280 AVG, 12 HR, and run/rbi totals near 60. He has been one of the best catcher of all time but lets face it, most of his fantasy rankings lately have come from his name rather than his performance. I'd much rather have Ramon Hernandez, Bengie Molina, or even Jason Varitek at this point as I see all of them at least matching IROD but most likely surpassing him in fantasy value.

I think Molina is being really undervalued this year considering he is consistent performer and will be one of the few Cs to bat 4th and I would take him over IRod without thinking twice. I am not sure I can agree about Varitek or Hernandez however. Hernandez is coming off a down year, has an injury history, plays in a crappy line-up that will only get crappier once Roberts and Mora are traded and is at an age where Cs often start to downtrend. As for Varitek, he is as creaky as Rodriguez.

I agree with your assessment of Rodriguez, but I would still be that his .280/12/60/60 wind up better than anything Hernandez or Varitek provide.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers