Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:13 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Dont let him corrupt the youngsters on the Rays.


What does that even mean? :-?


It is a circus when Barry is around. He has already proven to be a prima dona in the clubhouse. The Rays just moved all that away from the team
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:14 pm

Deuce wrote:Are the Rays looking to pick up some fans
;-7


no we have enough
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:11 am

I would hate it if Bonds showed up.
He would be good for wins, but bad for everything else.
Yea he would get fans, but he would also get so much media in the club house.
And he has such a bad attitude.
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:13 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Dont let him corrupt the youngsters on the Rays.


What does that even mean? :-?


It is a circus when Barry is around. He has already proven to be a prima dona in the clubhouse. The Rays just moved all that away from the team


I don't see how he is going to corrupt people. Distract them maybe, but corrupt? :-?
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:24 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
I don't see how he is going to corrupt people. Distract them maybe, but corrupt? :-?


when you have young guys sometimes they see a star player acting a certain way and they think that is how they should act as well. There are guys that go out and quietly do there business, the first one to the park and last to leave, and there are others that expect things to be given to them because they are great. Bonds is the later, and I think that is something the Rays are trying to steer clear of
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby RyanK » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:01 am

boston fan wrote:I highly doubt it will happen. First, the rays have to pay the money for him, and i don't think they will.


well.. i think he definatly would attract fans down here, it could be worth the money. Im sitting with 5 kids who are all from the middle east, yeah that sounds horrible i bet... they all just said theyd go see a game if he was a Ray...
Image
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 2839
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby Half Massed » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:25 am

CadensDad wrote:
dooz wrote:If the A's were trying to compete this year, maybe he lands in Oakland. It seems to me that the A's are in full rebuild mode. I don't see why the A's would have any interest in him.


I agree why would the A's waste the money? They'd be better off signing some young free agent players


The A's have the money right now and no one to spend it on. There's no one on the free agent market who's going to be able to help them when they're trying to compete, say 2011 or so, so they're not going to bother with that route.

The reasons to sign Bonds are clear for the A's. They've alienated a lot of casual fans by trading away two of the biggest fan favorites on the team in Swisher and Haren. They may be rebuilding, but they still want fans to come to the games. Bonds will not only bring back a lot of those casual fans, he'll bring in some die-hard Bonds-loving Giant's fans. The A's also love making these kind of one-year, high-risk, high-reward signings (see: Frank Thomas, Mike Piazza), and this fits that mold exactly.
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby davidmarver » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:58 am

deerayfan072 wrote:when you have young guys sometimes they see a star player acting a certain way and they think that is how they should act as well. There are guys that go out and quietly do there business, the first one to the park and last to leave, and there are others that expect things to be given to them because they are great. Bonds is the later, and I think that is something the Rays are trying to steer clear of

No offense, but with what I've seen out of Elijah Dukes, Josh Hamilton, and Delmon Young, I don't think the Rays are doing a great job of keeping their player corrupt-free as is. So even if Bonds did bring some sort of negative attitude towards the Rays, I don't think it'd make much of a difference, at least not enough to offset the positives he'd bring by perhaps showing that franchise what it's like to compete.

If he goes to Tampa I'm going to end up very happy with my $1 2008 investment in him, and it'll be a ton of fun to watch the Rays, especially if Bonds can beat up the Sox and Yanks. :-L
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby CadensDad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 am

davidmarver wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:when you have young guys sometimes they see a star player acting a certain way and they think that is how they should act as well. There are guys that go out and quietly do there business, the first one to the park and last to leave, and there are others that expect things to be given to them because they are great. Bonds is the later, and I think that is something the Rays are trying to steer clear of

No offense, but with what I've seen out of Elijah Dukes, Josh Hamilton, and Delmon Young, I don't think the Rays are doing a great job of keeping their player corrupt-free as is. So even if Bonds did bring some sort of negative attitude towards the Rays, I don't think it'd make much of a difference, at least not enough to offset the positives he'd bring by perhaps showing that franchise what it's like to compete.

If he goes to Tampa I'm going to end up very happy with my $1 2008 investment in him, and it'll be a ton of fun to watch the Rays, especially if Bonds can beat up the Sox and Yanks. :-L



$1? Wow I saw in one league where he went as high as $6 in a $260 cap league
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bonds to the Rays? deeray will have a fit

Postby jfg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:07 am

CadensDad wrote:$1? Wow I saw in one league where he went as high as $6 in a $260 cap league


When was that auction held? That's ridiculous. He made 10-11 bucks last year and I wouldn't spend half that for a guy without a team and perjury charges looming. I probably wouldn't even go to $3.
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 95)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact