The Wire - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Wire

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Wire

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:19 am

Curtis Pride wrote:The show gets better. Season 2 was probably the worst season. If it wasn't it was second worst behind season 5.

Seasons 3 and 4 are by far the best seasons.

my buddy says the same thing and i keep telling him i like it so far...i guess it can be the worst and still be good
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DbacksRback » Mon May 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Just started watching this online. I thought season 1 was good and halfway through season 2 it's getting kind of slow. From reading other posts, stick with it for season 2 and 3?

I think Omars my favorite character

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm

DbacksRback wrote:Just started watching this online. I thought season 1 was good and halfway through season 2 it's getting kind of slow. From reading other posts, stick with it for season 2 and 3?

Just started watching too! I'm about 6 episodes into Season 1 and loving it so far - I have a friend who owns the first 4 seasons, so I plan on plowing through those in the coming weeks and then finding the cheapest way possible to watch Season 5 ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 pm

i rented S1 and then HBO had S2-S4 On Demand a few months back so i was able to catch them that way. they had S5 but i just didnt have the time to watch it then. i'll probably get around to renting it at some point
damn good show though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 16, 2011 1:24 pm

I have yet to watch this show. I'm ridiculously slow on catching TV shows and to be fair, I don't watch much TV at all these days. I'm missing out on a great TV series perhaps, but I don't really care either.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)

Postby thedude » Mon May 16, 2011 1:48 pm

DbacksRback wrote:Just started watching this online. I thought season 1 was good and halfway through season 2 it's getting kind of slow. From reading other posts, stick with it for season 2 and 3?

You will be very pleased if you watch the entire series.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby DbacksRback » Mon May 16, 2011 2:02 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:

Just started watching too! I'm about 6 episodes into Season 1 and loving it so far - I have a friend who owns the first 4 seasons, so I plan on plowing through those in the coming weeks and then finding the cheapest way possible to watch Season 5 ;-)

How are you watching them? This site has been very good for watching the episodes for me:
http://www.watchseries.me/2011/03/17/th ... entencing/

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:09 pm

I enjoyed season 2 but it was probably my least favorite of the first 4. definitely stick it out because seasons 3 and 4 are incredible. don't bother watching season 5, it sucked.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)

Postby jfg » Mon May 16, 2011 7:39 pm

I loved every season. I'd say the 5th was the "worst" just because it dealt more with the politics of the city, and a strange McNulty plotline but it was still really good. It didn't wrap up the series although I'm glad it didn't, it would have felt forced. It did wrap up important characters though and gave you a finality which was sometimes heartbreaking in one case in particular. Best series of all time in my opinion.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Season 2 is usually pretty polarizing. I liked it and thought Frank Sobotka was one of the best characters of the season....certainly the most interesting and conflicted.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk