The Wire - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Wire

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Wire

Postby smoovethug » Wed May 07, 2008 8:22 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:This is the only show that I have not been able to find on the internet :~(

I need to find someone with the dvd's...

http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/thewire.php

I had a very tough time finding it online as well. That site ^ started with season 5 and updated it with the older eps.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:17 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i was a little confused about marlo's strolling up to the street corner in his business suit and then ending up getting shot. what i got out of it was that even though he was "out of the game" he was still that same old corner boy and still prone to that lifestyle but it was just kinda strange to me to see that go down.

I think that was relating Marlo back to Stringer Bell. Stringer kept trying to leave the street behind and did not care about his reputation. Marlo realized that he did not belong in the corporate, and he really did not want to leave the street anyway. Marlo unlike Bell (more like Avon), wanted his name to be known.

Snakes Gould wrote:and of course, i wanted to see what exactly jimmy was going to end up as. you sort of saw everyone's place except his.

I think Jimmy was roughly based on Ed Burns (with his detail to the FBI). When Burns retired from the force he had no idea what he was going to do with his life. And Jimmy has no idea what he is going to do.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jfg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:33 pm

I'm finally getting around to watching this... what a great show!
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jfg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Yeah I'm on episode 8. Shouldn't be too hard to not see spoilers since the show is over.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:45 am

4 episodes into season 4 and nothing has been spoiled yet! But, I've been careful. I haven't liked season 4 as much as the first 3 so far, but it's still better than almost anything. I'm holding off judgment until season 5 is finished but I think this is probably my favorite TV show I've seen.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk