The Wire - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Wire

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Wire

Postby smoovethug » Wed May 07, 2008 8:22 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:This is the only show that I have not been able to find on the internet :~(

I need to find someone with the dvd's...

http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/thewire.php

I had a very tough time finding it online as well. That site ^ started with season 5 and updated it with the older eps.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:36 am

so it took me forever to watch season 5 on the internet with all the clips being seperated into so many parts and terrible buffering times, but it was worth it for sure.

2 was my least favorite season and 1 was probably my favorite. i wasnt a big fan of the journalism aspect of season 5 (even though i graduated with a journalism degree, go figure). it was just dry and boring and scott was such a weasel.

i actually stayed so far away from anything that was wire related as to not get spoiled in any aspect, but actually did like 2 weeks ago, while i was in the process of watching season 5. i was reading the newspaper and omar's character had come to speak at a high school here in philly, and in the first paragraph the writer introduces him by saying "the last time we saw michael k williams he was being put in a bodybag after being shot by a 9 yr old boy in a corner store". of course the very next episode i watched was the one where omar was killed. i think the point of him being done like that was the no honor thing. that, and he was slippin a little bit. he wasnt watching his back.

i wish we would have heard a little bit more about randy in season 5 just to see what ever came of him. i was hoping to see an avon sighting in the last episode as well, but we only caught a shot of wee-bay.

jimmy's unraveling could be seen a mile away. i was just surprised lester was implicated as well. i figured he was going blackmail someone somehow.

how about herc? he basically caused all the commotion by giving marlo's cell number and then also tipping levy about the wire-tap.

i was a little confused about marlo's strolling up to the street corner in his business suit and then ending up getting shot. what i got out of it was that even though he was "out of the game" he was still that same old corner boy and still prone to that lifestyle but it was just kinda strange to me to see that go down.

and of course, i wanted to see what exactly jimmy was going to end up as. you sort of saw everyone's place except his.

last point....i think i was more emotionally attached when wallace was killed in season 1 than any other part. that whole scene really got to me.

im willing to discuss anything now that ive seen em all. im really sad that i have no more wire to watch. :~(

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:17 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i was a little confused about marlo's strolling up to the street corner in his business suit and then ending up getting shot. what i got out of it was that even though he was "out of the game" he was still that same old corner boy and still prone to that lifestyle but it was just kinda strange to me to see that go down.

I think that was relating Marlo back to Stringer Bell. Stringer kept trying to leave the street behind and did not care about his reputation. Marlo realized that he did not belong in the corporate, and he really did not want to leave the street anyway. Marlo unlike Bell (more like Avon), wanted his name to be known.

Snakes Gould wrote:and of course, i wanted to see what exactly jimmy was going to end up as. you sort of saw everyone's place except his.

I think Jimmy was roughly based on Ed Burns (with his detail to the FBI). When Burns retired from the force he had no idea what he was going to do with his life. And Jimmy has no idea what he is going to do.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:00 am

the fact that so little people post in here, means so many people are missing out on one of the best series that was on television.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:33 pm

I'm finally getting around to watching this... what a great show!
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:10 pm

jfg wrote:I'm finally getting around to watching this... what a great show!

yup. just be careful and dont get spoiled...

i hope you started at season 1 ;-D

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Yeah I'm on episode 8. Shouldn't be too hard to not see spoilers since the show is over.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 pm

so you would think!

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:45 am

4 episodes into season 4 and nothing has been spoiled yet! But, I've been careful. I haven't liked season 4 as much as the first 3 so far, but it's still better than almost anything. I'm holding off judgment until season 5 is finished but I think this is probably my favorite TV show I've seen.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:50 am

jfg wrote:4 episodes into season 4 and nothing has been spoiled yet! But, I've been careful. I haven't liked season 4 as much as the first 3 so far, but it's still better than almost anything. I'm holding off judgment until season 5 is finished but I think this is probably my favorite TV show I've seen.

i knew you'd feel this way...you sure went through them fast ( as i did as well. i just couldnt get enough. i was watching literally 4-5 hours every night).

im actually rewatching them now with my girlfriend and we're 6 or 7 episodes through season 4. she's enjoying it as well.

i liked season 4 but for a couple new reasons than i did the previous 3 seasons. whenever someone asks me to rank the seasons, its very hard for me to do so since they're all very good, but very different.

id go 1,3,4,2,5 i think. ive only seen 5 watching online, and i feel that when/if i watch them on dvd, ill enjoy them more than i did, but there were some aspects of season 5 i just did not like. still very very good, but not as good as before.

id like to hear some of your thoughts on characters and scenes thus far jfg. favorites/least favorites?

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk