***2008 DRAFT RESULTS*** Please Rate - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

***2008 DRAFT RESULTS*** Please Rate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

***2008 DRAFT RESULTS*** Please Rate

Postby TheGhost76777 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:04 am

standard 5 x 5, start 9 pitchers, 1 C-1B-2B-3B-SS-CI-MI-Util, 5 OF, 5 Bench spots.

Drafted 5th overall in 12 team AL/NL League.

1 - David Wright, 3B, NYM - Had him at #2 on my board, was happy he fell to me.
2 - Grady Sizemre, OF, CLE - Was a no brainer to me, helps you in each cat.
3 - Victor Martinez, C, CLE - 4th year in a row I drafted him, like to get C out of the way.
4 - Travis Hafner, 1B, CLE - Might have reached...not sure :-?
5 - Cole Hamels, SP, PHI - Again, might have reached but I wanted to get my staff ace.
6 - Justin Verlander, SP, DET - Very happy with this pick, I see him getting 18-20 wins.
7 - Michael Young, SS, TEX - Might of reached, but love the consistency.
8 - Rickie Weeks, 2B, MIL - Too early? I am hoping for that breakout year :-o
9 - Matt Cain, SP, SF - King Felix had just got taken, and I wanted a good #3. Love his K's.
10 - Johnny Damon, OF, NYY - Not sure about the PT, but if he leads off he will score lots of runs.
11 - Jason Bay, OF, PIT - I was going to wait on OF, but couldn't pass him up in the 11th round.
12 - Troy Percival, CL, TB - Not very happy with this pick, but closers were going FAST.
13 - Kevin Gregg, CL, FLA - Again, not thrilled with this, but closers went like hot cakes.
14 - Fransisco Liriano, SP, MIN - Seems to me like a risk worth taking in round 14.
15 - Bob Howry, CL, CHC - Nobody on the board excited me, so I went with a 3rd closer.
16 - George Sherrill, CL, BAL - After looking at my closers, I want some insurance.
17 - Kelly Johnson, 2B, ATL - Surprised he lasted this long, and it was a no brainier for me in rnd 17.
18 - Nate McLouth, OF, PIT - Like his HR/SB totals from last year in limited ABs.
19 - Scott Rolen, 3B, TOR - Needed a CI. Hoping he stays healthy to drive in Big Hurt & Wells :-o
20 - Lastings Milledge, OF, WAS - Seemed like a risk needed to take this late.
21 - Adam Jones, OF, BAL - Unsure about this pick, might be a year to soon :-?
22 - Justin Upton, OF, ARZ - Hey one of these young kids has to live up to the hype right?
23 - Matt Garza, SP, TB - Love the K/IP totals, and think he should reach double digit win totals in TB.
24 - Cameron Maybin, OF, FLA - I wanted some SB insurance, here is hoping he gets lots of PT.
25 - Tony Pena, RP, ARZ - Praying he wins the closer job in Arizona.
26 - Brian Fuentes, RP, COL - Between the chance of Corpas struggling & possible trades, I a chance.
27 - Mark Teahen, OF, KC - Was between him and several relievers...maybe he has his breakout year this season? :-?
TheGhost76777
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ***2008 DRAFT RESULTS*** Please Rate

Postby bsblallstr » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:56 am

you did seem to reach for some picks, but i really liked some others that seemed to fall to you. overall looks very solid. but your rp looks very bad, i dont like it at all. pena could be ok, but you have 0 rp that are a lock for 30 saves, heck even 20 might high. good thing you have a lot of them.
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: ***2008 DRAFT RESULTS*** Please Rate

Postby TheGhost76777 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:25 am

bsblallstr wrote:you did seem to reach for some picks, but i really liked some others that seemed to fall to you. overall looks very solid. but your rp looks very bad, i dont like it at all. pena could be ok, but you have 0 rp that are a lock for 30 saves, heck even 20 might high. good thing you have a lot of them.

thanks, i did want better RP, but they went way too fast. Faster than any draft I've even been apart of. Soriano went in the late 8th.
TheGhost76777
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team