Biggest Busts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Biggest Busts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Biggest Busts

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:56 am

The below average sp was just smack talk. I didn't really mean it. What's your era for Young this year?

3.75 maybe, but wouldn't be shocked to see it hit 4.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby davidmarver » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:07 am

HOOTIE wrote:The below average sp was just smack talk. I didn't really mean it. What's your era for Young this year?

3.75 maybe, but wouldn't be shocked to see it hit 4.

I think he'll sit in the mid-3s. I don't see him having a bad year ERA wise, but I am certainly tempering my fantasy expectations out of him for durability reasons.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby octagon999 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:20 am

Ordonez.

In EVERY mock and real draft so far, he has gone late 2nd round at the latest. I don't understand why he is being drafted so early.

And I do mean EVERY draft.... is there something floating out there I haven't seen so far?
octagon999
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ender » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:42 am

octagon999 wrote:Ordonez.

In EVERY mock and real draft so far, he has gone late 2nd round at the latest. I don't understand why he is being drafted so early.

And I do mean EVERY draft.... is there something floating out there I haven't seen so far?

He usually goes in 3rd round in 14 team drafts I've been in. He is a legit .300 hitter and he should hit 20 HR, batting in the middle of that order should see 200 R+RBI. That has a lot of value even if he doesn't hit like he did last year. I still have never been tempted to take him in any mock so he is going a little early for my tastes, but not way too early or anything.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:11 pm

What's not to like about Ordonez? If I had the #1 pick and took A-Rod, I would have no problem swinging back around and grabbing Teixiera and Ordonez as my bookend 2nd nad 3rd round picks. He's not going to hit .350 again, but he will hit .300+ with 20 HR, and somewhere close to 100R and 100+RBI. My league also counts doubles so he has added value there. I wouldn't take him early 2nd round, but late 2nd round or early 3rd, if he's there, I'm taking him ;-D
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:

What's not to like about Ordonez? If I had the #1 pick and took A-Rod, I would have no problem swinging back around and grabbing Teixiera and Ordonez as my bookend 2nd nad 3rd round picks. He's not going to hit .350 again, but he will hit .300+ with 20 HR, and somewhere close to 100R and 100+RBI. My league also counts doubles so he has added value there. I wouldn't take him early 2nd round, but late 2nd round or early 3rd, if he's there, I'm taking him ;-D

I think he is an injury risk also.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers