Clumsy Players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clumsy Players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Clumsy Players

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:27 pm

Griffey's count reminds me of the movie Super Troopers where he has to say 'meow' 10 times :-b
When Cincinnati Reds outfielder Ken Griffey Jr. suffered a lower abdominal strain, he offered a vivid description of the pain. “The best way I can describe it is it felt like somebody bungee jumped off my right (testicle),” Griffey told the Cincinnati Post.

He is an expert on painful nether-region injuries, since he once missed a game with bruised man fruit — caused by his protective cup pinching him during the fray.

Griffey is no stranger to odd injuries. He once suffered a broken hand while wrestling with his young children. On his yacht. In the Bahamas.

Hunter Pence's most recent & more injuries...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Clumsy Players

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:57 am

Ouch a bruised testicle.

Wow, that sucks breaking your hand on your Yacht in the Bahamas, poor guy.

Griffey has faced some of the strangest injuries, but I remember Sammy Sosa got put on the DL because he strained his back sneezing.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby tuckerman85 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:22 am

Just imagine what Griffey would've done if he stayed healthy or used HGH. :-?

Didn't Clint Barmes break a leg falling down stairs with groceries in his arms? That's clumsy.
tuckerman85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rotundor » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:01 am

Dunno about clumsy but I lost Ian Snell to the DL last year because he burnt his hand cooking a chicken Ceasar salad.

I also have a vague memory of someone getting hurt transporting deer for some reason... :-?

EDIT:
article bigH0rt posted wrote:But Helton did serve Barmes a meal featuring venison during that visit, and he gave him a package of the deer meat to take home. Barmes was lugging that meat back home when he fell on some steps, causing injuries that required surgical repairs.

looks like tuckerman was right
Rotundor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:35 am

John Smoltz once burnt himself ironing his shirt while he was wearing it.

Also Sosa got back spasms one time from sneezing.

I remember seeing a list of injuries like this on ESPN or something, I'll try to find it.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tuckerman85 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:49 am

bobbing_headz wrote:John Smoltz once burnt himself ironing his shirt while he was wearing it.

Also Sosa got back spasms one time from sneezing.

I remember seeing a list of injuries like this on ESPN or something, I'll try to find it.

The John Smoltz one is priceless.. I almost fell off my chair.
tuckerman85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:00 pm

One of the many injuries sustained by Carl Pavano-the infamous bruised buttocks suffered during spring training(2006 I believe).
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Old_Style » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Dangers of Arachnophobia

Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Glenallen Hill suffered toe and elbow cuts along with carpet burns on his knees during a nocturnal bout with arachnophobia in 1990.

"I have a phobia about spiders," Hill told reporters after reporting to work on crutches. "In the nightmare, I was trying to get away from spiders."

It was quite an active nightmare, since he bounced on a wall, broke a glass table and climbed stairs in his semi-conscious state. "When I woke up," Hill said, "I was on a couch and my wife, Mika, was screaming, 'Honey, wake up!'"

Like many of these stories, this seemed unbelievable. But Hill offered to give reporters a tour of his blood-splattered apartment.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Old_Style wrote:
Dangers of Arachnophobia

Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Glenallen Hill suffered toe and elbow cuts along with carpet burns on his knees during a nocturnal bout with arachnophobia in 1990.

"I have a phobia about spiders," Hill told reporters after reporting to work on crutches. "In the nightmare, I was trying to get away from spiders."

It was quite an active nightmare, since he bounced on a wall, broke a glass table and climbed stairs in his semi-conscious state. "When I woke up," Hill said, "I was on a couch and my wife, Mika, was screaming, 'Honey, wake up!'"

Like many of these stories, this seemed unbelievable. But Hill offered to give reporters a tour of his blood-splattered apartment.

Ironically enough...ever seen the movie King Kong (remember the scene when the guys fall into the canyon with the HUGE insects)? I watched the movie a few weeks back and had this exact nightmare happen to me...I woke up as I was running out of my bedroom into our living room. I was able to piece together that I must have fallen off of the bed (i.e. into the canyon), rolled and hit our TV stand bruising my elbow, kicked the TV and cut my foot open (it was teetering on the stand when I went back into the bedroom, thank god it didn't fall over or that I luckily kicked the side of the TV instead of the screen itself), knocked over a table with a humidifier on it (cut my leg, water went everywhere), then went running and screaming into the living room (leaving a bloody trail) before I snapped out of it...all the while with my wife yelling "OH MY GOD" because she heard me screaming and had no clue what was going on...it's a miracle then I didn't wake up the neighborhood since I'm 6'5" 250 and was barreling and screaming thought the apartment.

Sorry if it's too much info, but I was just shocked to read this post and be able to relate to it. I crack up laughing looking back at it, but i was terrified out of my mind as it was happening...
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Old_Style » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Ironically enough...ever seen the movie King Kong (remember the scene when the guys fall into the canyon with the HUGE insects)? I watched the movie a few weeks back and had this exact nightmare happen to me...I woke up as I was running out of my bedroom into our living room. I was able to piece together that I must have fallen off of the bed (i.e. into the canyon), rolled and hit our TV stand bruising my elbow, kicked the TV and cut my foot open (it was teetering on the stand when I went back into the bedroom, thank god it didn't fall over or that I luckily kicked the side of the TV instead of the screen itself), knocked over a table with a humidifier on it (cut my leg, water went everywhere), then went running and screaming into the living room (leaving a bloody trail) before I snapped out of it...all the while with my wife yelling "OH MY GOD" because she heard me screaming and had no clue what was going on...it's a miracle then I didn't wake up the neighborhood since I'm 6'5" 250 and was barreling and screaming thought the apartment.

Glenallen, is that you?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers