Yahoo concerning A-Rod and Reyes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo concerning A-Rod and Reyes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo concerning A-Rod and Reyes

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:02 pm

A-Rod is not listed as eligible for 3B and Reyes is not eligible for 2B. Will they be by the time of drafts? Are we going to have to wait 15 games into the season for them to become eligible? If so that really sucks. Yahoo has screwed up alot so far (no K. Matsui, no J. Mauer...etc.). I was planning on taking A-Rod and then Nomar in my 2nd round and play them on SS and 3B. Now I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Nice job once again Yahoo :-t .
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phatjagz14 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:06 pm

Just like every player every year, they have to earn their eligibility. This happens every year so it should come as no surprise.
It's like I've died and gone to heaven......but then they realized that it wasn't my time, so they sent me to a brewery.
phatjagz14
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:10 pm

I don't remember going through this with players BEFORE the season when they were declared to be starting a new position. Especially one as big as A-Rod. Doesn't Yahoo realize people are counting on playing A-Rod at third this season? As well as Reyes at 2nd. I think it's a crock that we have to wait 15 games before we can start playing them there when they are declared the starting 3rd basemen/2nd basemen.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ondeckb » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:48 pm

The only crock here is letting Japanese players begin the season in positions when everyone else has to earn their new spot. :-t
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MikeeDee » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:55 pm

ondeckb wrote:The only crock here is letting Japanese players begin the season in positions when everyone else has to earn their new spot. :-t

Otherwise you could only draft them as utility players, that would be kind of silly. In fact the same can be said for every minor leaguer that comes up, of course they get their minor league position, so why not the Japanese guys too?
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:08 am

Last year Aaron Boone wasn't eligible at 2B at the beginning of the year either...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jellyroll » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:23 am

ajgdrummer7 wrote
A-Rod is not listed as eligible for 3B and Reyes is not eligible for 2B. Will they be by the time of drafts? Are we going to have to wait 15 games into the season for them to become eligible? If so that really sucks. Yahoo has screwed up alot so far (no K. Matsui, no J. Mauer...etc.). I was planning on taking A-Rod and then Nomar in my 2nd round and play them on SS and 3B. Now I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Nice job once again Yahoo

A Yankee fan complaining about a free service :~(

It's been up not even a day yet. I'm pretty sure but haven't seen an official ruling but I think they'll give the Rod the 3b pos before the season starts. I'm basing this on two things
1. pressure from fans
2. the treatment of rookies; whom don't need 15 games before they are activated. See Crosby at SS with only 11 games[/quote]
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:46 am

jellyroll wrote:ajgdrummer7 wrote
A-Rod is not listed as eligible for 3B and Reyes is not eligible for 2B. Will they be by the time of drafts? Are we going to have to wait 15 games into the season for them to become eligible? If so that really sucks. Yahoo has screwed up alot so far (no K. Matsui, no J. Mauer...etc.). I was planning on taking A-Rod and then Nomar in my 2nd round and play them on SS and 3B. Now I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Nice job once again Yahoo

A Yankee fan complaining about a free service :~(

It's been up not even a day yet. I'm pretty sure but haven't seen an official ruling but I think they'll give the Rod the 3b pos before the season starts. I'm basing this on two things
1. pressure from fans
2. the treatment of rookies; whom don't need 15 games before they are activated. See Crosby at SS with only 11 games
[/quote]

what does me being a yankee fan have anything to do with me complaining about fantasy baseball...lemme answer it for you...nothing.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jellyroll » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:52 am

I know. It's just a jab on the 200+ mil salary this year. If anything I guess Yankee Fans should be more inclined to use free services since all the merchandizing on yankee stuff is going to strip the pocket lining in effort to make back the salary duckets.
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers