2008 Baseball Games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

2008 Baseball Games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2008 Baseball Games

Postby mbuser » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:06 pm

i have to say that baseball stars pretty much made me into the stat freak that i am today. i used to play baseball mogul and baseball pro 98 back in college, and then for a long time HH01 for the PC was it for me. i've kinda struggled to find a game that i really enjoyed playing since then, but i must say that the show 07 for ps2 was as much fun i'd had playing a baseball game since sosa hh. but i gave my ps2 and games to my buddy as an early wedding present after i got my 360, so i had to go out and get mlb 2k8 yesterday. i played one game and stopped because it was all choppy and the controls were overbearing. i'm enjoying forza 2, call of duty 4, and college hoops 2k8 enough that it may be hard to play this game much if the controls dont become more intuitive sooner than later. i don't have plans to get a ps3, so i'm out of the running for the show. one other potential options -- mvp 05 was a good game and i used the 06 conversion mod from MVPmods.com and it was great. looks like they are working on 08 as we speak, i may have to go pick up another copy of that game
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:42 pm

mbuser wrote:i have to say that baseball stars pretty much made me into the stat freak that i am today. i used to play baseball mogul and baseball pro 98 back in college, and then for a long time HH01 for the PC was it for me. i've kinda struggled to find a game that i really enjoyed playing since then, but i must say that the show 07 for ps2 was as much fun i'd had playing a baseball game since sosa hh. but i gave my ps2 and games to my buddy as an early wedding present after i got my 360, so i had to go out and get mlb 2k8 yesterday. i played one game and stopped because it was all choppy and the controls were overbearing. i'm enjoying forza 2, call of duty 4, and college hoops 2k8 enough that it may be hard to play this game much if the controls dont become more intuitive sooner than later. i don't have plans to get a ps3, so i'm out of the running for the show. one other potential options -- mvp 05 was a good game and i used the 06 conversion mod from MVPmods.com and it was great. looks like they are working on 08 as we speak, i may have to go pick up another copy of that game

Yeah, I've been playing the '07 mod with a 360 controller on my PC. I had to use "alternative methods" to get '05 so I could install the mod, because it's actually pretty expensive to buy on eBay (or at least it was last time I checked). I don't exactly have a gaming computer so the graphics aren't very impressive on my machine, but as far as gameplay goes, I still find it superior to any current console game.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wake » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:50 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:They have leagues, and I actually have an idea of having an all cafe league.
Or maybe a tournament we can see how many people on here actually get the game.

Since I have a 360 i'll be buying 2k8 no matter what as well. I just have to get a next-gen baseball game this year. I'd join a league.

I've only tried a couple games online but I'd be interested in joining a cafe league.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Does anyone remember Hardball 5 for the PC? Man I was so addicted to that game. I still have it somewhere...
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:04 pm

My dream is that 1 day they decide to make a PC Baseball game again...

MLB 2k8 for wii is decent though once you learn to play it correctly (IE Don't follow the catcher he sucks)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:My dream is that 1 day they decide to make a PC Baseball game again...

MLB 2k8 for wii is decent though once you learn to play it correctly (IE Don't follow the catcher he sucks)

when will a game for PC come? is it because one company has the rights to the MLB license and they only develop console games? PC desperately needs a baseball game...
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:19 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:My dream is that 1 day they decide to make a PC Baseball game again...

when will a game for PC come? is it because one company has the rights to the MLB license and they only develop console games? PC desperately needs a baseball game...

2k8 develops for PC's too which blows my mind why they didn't release it for PC!! EA always did and then in 2006 they didn't and since then 2K sports bought out the rights.

So who knows.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:19 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Does anyone remember Hardball 5 for the PC? Man I was so addicted to that game. I still have it somewhere...

yes. i can remember playing full seasons (162 games) like they were nothing. i played hardball 6 a good deal too.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:57 am

I've decided mlb 2k8 is the cheapest crappiest game ever. Worst AI ever. Have fun as they rob all of your hr's late in the game. Especially considering they'll probably be robbed by Crappy OFs like Chris Duncan or old Dinosaurs like Jim Edmonds.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:52 am

The Show is great so far, I started a RTTS last night as a SP for the D-Rays. I just got moved into the AA rotation from the bullpen. The game is really hard when your player absolutely sucks and tops out at 90 mph. My ERA is hovering around 5 right now, but I think I can lower it now that I got moved to the rotation.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games