best paying fantasy service for prizes? (non-yahoo) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

best paying fantasy service for prizes? (non-yahoo)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

best paying fantasy service for prizes? (non-yahoo)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:21 pm

since yahoo changed from jerseys to plaques this year, i am looking for a better paying service and prizes. ESPN i dont like due to the midnight lineup changes, so i am looking into the mlb.com's draft and trade (same as sporting news one) and sportsline's fantasy baseball gold. they both have cash prizes, which seems better than yahoo's plaque. can anyone recommend the best prize paying site? thanks.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mick809 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:10 am

From what I've experienced - ESPN = a t-shirt which isn't much better than the plaque. Draft and Trade is ok but CBS is pretty competitive. Played both and I'd have to say CBS has the better functionality, I'd go with the gold league
mick809
T-Ball Trainer

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:24 am

yea, im leaning towards the cbs sportsline one, but i read that all lineup changes have to be done before the first game of the week is played and cannot be changed once its set for the week. being used to daily lineup changes on yahoo, i think i won't like it. while it isnt as flexible as yahoo, it does have the highest prize pay. btw, draft and trade isnt very competitive? it will have a large audience because of mlb.com and sportingnews.com visitors im thinking.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mick809 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:36 am

you're correct about cbs only having weekly lineup transactions in the single team games - why? no idea but personally I like that because it puts everyone on the same level. Don't have to worry about missing a night or whatever.

Regarding draft and trade, wasn't really saying that its NOT competitive, but have just generally found that cbs players are more active and competitive. Again, don't know why??I find that sportingnews is best at reporting the news, not fanasy games. Layout isn't great and the nav takes time to learn. For the money, cbs.

Free, obviously Yahoo but... is it really free?
mick809
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:38 am

In their rules, It says that league winners in PLUS still get replica jerseys....where did you see something different?
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:09 am

thats last year's prize. it says league winners now get plaques instead..
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: best paying fantasy service for prizes? (non-yahoo)

Postby GSes » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:22 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:since yahoo changed from jerseys to plaques this year, i am looking for a better paying service and prizes. ESPN i dont like due to the midnight lineup changes, so i am looking into the mlb.com's draft and trade (same as sporting news one) and sportsline's fantasy baseball gold. they both have cash prizes, which seems better than yahoo's plaque. can anyone recommend the best prize paying site? thanks.

what do you mean by midnite lineup changes? I joined a ESPN league for first time so Im intrested in wut you mean?
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GSes » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:24 am

GSes wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:since yahoo changed from jerseys to plaques this year, i am looking for a better paying service and prizes. ESPN i dont like due to the midnight lineup changes, so i am looking into the mlb.com's draft and trade (same as sporting news one) and sportsline's fantasy baseball gold. they both have cash prizes, which seems better than yahoo's plaque. can anyone recommend the best prize paying site? thanks.

what do you mean by midnite lineup changes? I joined a ESPN league for first time so Im intrested in wut you mean?

Also is there a stat tracker included like on yahoo. I don't think I live w/o a stat tracker that has up to the second standings and stats.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:40 am

GSes wrote:

well, when i played ESPN league few years back, all lineup changes had to be done by midnight (PST) or you cant play them. on yahoo, you can edit lineup upto the game's starting time. on ESPN, i would miss the midnight deadline sometimes which sucked.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GSes » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:41 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
GSes wrote:

well, when i played ESPN league few years back, all lineup changes had to be done by midnight (PST) or you cant play them. on yahoo, you can edit lineup upto the game's starting time. on ESPN, i would miss the midnight deadline sometimes which sucked.

is their stat tracker feature at all like yahoo? what features come in espn?
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers