Slow Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Slow Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Slow Draft

Postby mak1277 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:34 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
howie789 wrote:Has anyone been involved in this slow e-mail draft thing? It seems like a great idea- what website can set that up for your league? Lets face it- it seems like in every draft we have had- one or two people miss it due to unexpected circumstances- which in my opinion- screws everything up. For the guys who used it- does it work well?

I've participated in straight email drafts a few times, it gets completed appropriately provided that people send in lists if they can't pick and most have near constant access to their email, whether by PDA or on their work computer. If you can have that, you can knock the time between picks down to 6 hours on weekdays, expand it on weekends, and it should run pretty smoothly.

I agree with this. I'm in two leagues that use slow drafts. One we do on proboards, one simply over email. I actually like the e-mail one better because it generates more conversation during the draft...making fun of people, trash talking, etc. It works just fine to do it by email, but I would suggest the commissioner send around updated draft boards after every 20 picks or so.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers