Uh oh Barry! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Uh oh Barry!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby drunkenmonkey » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:41 pm

Does anybody know what other athletes this guy was "trainer" for? The only name you ever hear is Bonds.
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:27 am

would barry be in trouble or would it be the trainer because werent the steroids in their powder drink mix or supplements or something?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby eftda » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:04 am

Anonymous wrote:would barry be in trouble or would it be the trainer because werent the steroids in their powder drink mix or supplements or something?

Both, Barry will be in trouble becuase he should have know what was going into his body :-t
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BobbyRoberto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:23 am

I think MLB's steroid policy is so lax, it wouldn't mean Barry would get a suspension, but damn, it would be a punch in the face to whatever fans Barry Bonds has, fans who have been sticking up for him for the last few years.

More importantly, my league starts drafting on Monday and with all the controversy about this (plus his age), I was thinking I could get him with the #5 pick (OBP and SLG are categories--and he's off the charts in those categories).

As a somewhat intelligent person, I've believed Bonds and others (Sosa, for one) have been on steroids. But as a baseball fan, I've always hoped they weren't. It's kind of like being a Pete Rose fan as a kid (which I was), then hoping he didn't bet on baseball (which I did), and when he comes out and admits it, it's a punch in the face.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby eftda » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:36 am

BobbyRoberto wrote: I've believed Bonds and others (Sosa, for one) have been on steroids. But as a baseball fan, I've always hoped they weren't.

same here :,-(
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers