What do you think of this scoring format/league settings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

What do you think of this scoring format/league settings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do you think of this scoring format/league settings?

Postby mmgoldman21 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:47 pm

$40 League Entry Fee. 20 teams. Free trades and in season pickups. There will be small weekly winnings $2 first, $1 second and during 5 weeks in late August/early September there will be weekly winnings of $5 first, $3 second, $1 third. The rest of the winnings will be paid to the top third of the teams in the league. Rest of winnings will be paid out to season long winners, $150, $120, $90, $60, $40, $25, $15

The draft will be an extended slow draft starting Tuesday, Feb. 26. Your entry fee needs to be received before the draft begins by Monday, Feb. 25. You will have to pay via paypal when you sign into the league before Monday. You will have up to 33 hours for each pick. The CBS site will automatically send you an e-mail to notify that it's your turn to pick. You then sign into CBS and make your selection.

Rosters will have 9 hitters and 9 pitchers.

Scoring format will be 13x13 roto with scoring categories of BA (weighted 2), R, RBI, RBI+Runs, SB, SB%, OBP, SLG, OPS, HR, AB/GDP, AB/KO, Fielding Pct. Pitching Categories: ERA (weighted 2), WHIP, BAA, K/BB, K, W, W%, QS, CG, SO, S, S+Holds, S and H Pct,

You will be allowed between 0-3 keepers each year. You can keep any player, but you will lose a draft pick 2 rounds higher in the following years draft. Any player kept will be worth at least a 12th round draft pick, so if you choose to keep somebody you drafted in round 14 or later or a waiver pick up, you will lose a 12th round pick the following year. Each following year, if you choose to keep the same player, you lose a draft pick 2 rounds higher. Any player drafted in the first 2 rounds cannot be kept any year.
For example, your 4th round pick the first year can be kept the second year in place of a 2nd round pick. The following year, that player cannot be kept again since he cannot move up 2 rounds again.
You will also be allowed to the following years draft picks for other draft picks or players. If you make any trade that involves losing a draft pick, you must pay next year's entry fee at the time of the trade.

I would like to get up to 20 teams. Currently I have 18 teams for the league. If you want to try this league, e-mail me at mmgoldman21@gmail or reply here.
mmgoldman21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do you think of this scoring format/league settings?

Postby Matthias » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:50 pm

I think that there's $192 missing from your kitty.

20 teams X $40 = $800.

21 weeks of $3 payouts = $63.
5 weeks of $9 payouts = $45.
Those payouts plus your end-of-the-year payouts = $608.

So, if I were to adjust your settings, I would put more money back into winnings. But that's just me.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Re: What do you think of this scoring format/league settings?

Postby mmgoldman21 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:28 pm

All but $80 cbs league fee is being paid back to winners. There will only be $80 missing. The posted winnings right now are approximations...and would be about right if there are 17 teams in the league and not 20.
mmgoldman21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds