Bill James Onlne Launched - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bill James Onlne Launched

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bill James Onlne Launched

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:18 pm

The site is ready, apart from a couple of on ramps and a few dozen center lines, but of course we will continue to build ON the site for many years. . .hundreds of years, assuming I live that long and the internet does.

$3/month, but you can take a free tour off of this link.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 409)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bill James Onlne Launched

Postby CadensDad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Look's decent but rather get my free info here at the cafe

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby jfg » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:49 pm

I'm not paying 3 dollars a month. There are too many sports paysites on the internet these days and it's annoying. A guy like Bill James could make more through advertising because people would traffic that site and he's limiting his audience big time. I hate ESPN for starting the trend of charging people for reading about sports. I'm guessing a few of you on here are the ones who bought into it hook, line and sinker.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 99)

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 pm

I like Bill James' books that I've read but it is challenging enough keeping up w/ free stuff. Still, the site looks interesting and the layout is very easy on my aging eyes. I will see how it goes. We are having our auction March 8 so I will have 3 weeks to fidgit w/ my team until the action starts.... :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Field » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:50 pm

For $3 I might give it a shot for a month. The layout does look very easy and simple to navigate. If I end up trying it out, I'll chime back in and give it a yah or a nah.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 am

Field wrote:For $3 I might give it a shot for a month. The layout does look very easy and simple to navigate. If I end up trying it out, I'll chime back in and give it a yah or a nah.

Thanks!! I think my Prospectus is shipping tomorrow so that should keep me out of trouble for a couple of days... :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby High Heater » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:26 am

out of most of the guys i like james and sickles the most imo. love reading their content. sickels gets my nod over everyone based soley on his site and new content. he has alot of innovative ideas as well like "not a rookies" ect.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Field » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:42 am

AcidRock23 wrote:
Field wrote:For $3 I might give it a shot for a month. The layout does look very easy and simple to navigate. If I end up trying it out, I'll chime back in and give it a yah or a nah.

Thanks!! I think my Prospectus is shipping tomorrow so that should keep me out of trouble for a couple of days... :-D

Amazon changed my delivery date on my Prosepectus order from Feb. 18th to March 3rd :-t , so I canceled. I put it on hold at one of my local B&N's since they should be getting a shipment any day now, the only downside is that the price nearly doubled :-t .
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:30 pm

That is annoying, mine went from being shipped today (I decided to give myself some more time to read it and sprung for 2 day delivery...) at about 10:00 AM to being scheduled for delivery on 022708. Still enough time to read by the 030808 draft date but probably not the way I'd like to have gone through it. And, of course, they can just move it around again if they want...

I think that they did something similar last year too. I checked local bookstore outlets online and they are also vague about when it'll ship. Very annoying. Unless they have a last minute breakdown of the Santana deal included...that would be worth the wait I think? I will not be crossing my fingers. It's still a great book but it is frustrating that we can't schedule our draft date around the publication.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers