Ryan Theriot: I should / could have stolen 40-50 bases. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ryan Theriot: I should / could have stolen 40-50 bases.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ryan Theriot: I should / could have stolen 40-50 bases.

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Was going to post this yesterday, but I had him for $1 in a fantasy auction so I didn't feel like raising his price.

In a WSCR interview on Feb. 20, Ryan Theriot talked about the goings-on in spring training and his thoughts about last season and this season. He was insistent about not being confused with ChC's second base role -- he's the shortstop. Further, though, he talked about how he's really been working on his running and stolen base starts and footwork for the past few days.

The kicker is that he is disappointed in the SB's he was able to get in 2007. He could have and should have stolen several more, and he even remembers and is motivated now by the times he should have pulled the trigger but didn't. He said that stealing 40-50 bases last year would have really helped the Cubs more, and implied that that's what he's working on for this year. Just a heads up on what he's working on! ;-D
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Theriot: I should / could have stolen 40-50 bases.

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:56 pm

I'd like Theriot a little more if I didn't think he was going to struggle to post a .670 OPS and possibly lose full time playtime before the end of the year. Except for July of last year he was pretty terrible.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Chicago 2 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:59 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:Was going to post this yesterday, but I had him for $1 in a fantasy auction so I didn't feel like raising his price.

In a WSCR interview on Feb. 20, Ryan Theriot talked about the goings-on in spring training and his thoughts about last season and this season. He was insistent about not being confused with ChC's second base role -- he's the shortstop. Further, though, he talked about how he's really been working on his running and stolen base starts and footwork for the past few days.

The kicker is that he is disappointed in the SB's he was able to get in 2007. He could have and should have stolen several more, and he even remembers and is motivated now by the times he should have pulled the trigger but didn't. He said that stealing 40-50 bases last year would have really helped the Cubs more, and implied that that's what he's working on for this year. Just a heads up on what he's working on! ;-D

Now from the looks of it your also a Sox fan, if you can recall, Willie Harris said a couple years ago he was going to steal 50+ and did he? No.

Just saying, even Jerry Owens said his goal this year is 65 SBs and he added 10 lbs of muscle.

Theriot very well could steal that many bases if he starts the majority of the 162 games this year but I wouldn't put much stock into anything a player says.
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smoovethug » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 pm

He should have started another game at 3b so he could be eligible there on Yahoo! I was planning on targeting him already in a few drafts late, so this is just icing on the cake.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby CadensDad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:24 pm

I don't think this will make me change anything with him, i have quite a few others I'd rather have

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Baseball Leftovers