7x7 IP question. Wanna make this work well -- WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

7x7 IP question. Wanna make this work well -- WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

7x7 IP question. Wanna make this work well -- WHIR

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi all,

Newly minted commish of a Roto money league here.

10 teams

7x7 (triples, walks x complete games, holds).

Standard Yahoo positions.

Since we're giving middle-relief pitchers a chance to shine, how do I adjust the IP limit?

We're looking to prevent streaming of Starting pitchers, as we previously had unlimited IP and it was a disaster. We want managers to exercise control over whom they choose to play. We also do not want a free-for-all of pitchers on the waiver wire.

Since we'll be using Starters, closers and setup men simultaneously, should we keep the IP limit where it is or give it a slight increase?

Thoughts, opinions?

Leave a link to your question and i'll return the favor!
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7x7 IP question. Wanna make this work well -- WHIR

Postby aplviper » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:17 pm

If I remember correctly, yahoo used 3SP, 2RP, and 3P. Let's assume that 2 of the bench spots will be used up for additional starters. Let's also assume that this will leave the average player with 5 starters, 2 middle relievers, and 3 closers. I would allow 1050-1100 innings for the 5 starters, 160-180 for the 2 mids, and 190-220 for the 3 closers. This would give you a range between 1400-1500 innings total, which is what I would recommend. If you think the average players would end up using 6 starters and only 2 closers instead, I would adjust the innings limit by about 100-120. Hope this helps.

Please take a look at my post "Opinions on this draft pick trade please."
aplviper
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner