Deep Deep Sleepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deep Deep Sleepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby carter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:00 am

barry bonds
greg maddux
carter
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 341
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:17 am

Wow you're really amazing carter... can you teach me to be like you?

Seriously though, you are right that the sleepers aren't that deep that are being mentioned. In my 20teamer Bonds was taken in the final round. I looked at Kevin Correia, but didn't bite. I think that would make him a deep deep sleeper as well. Brandon Jones will hit if he's given the opportunity to play full time in Atlanta.

Oh, and 30teamers are out there. I know last year there were some cafers working on one or two.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby willy-t » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:22 am

I think it's a decent play to take relievers such as Heath Bell late on in deep leagues, as ratios of your leaguemates are naturally lower given less depth of talent, and with good relievers you can be boosted in these cats.

Other than that, I like Elijah Dukes, John Patterson, McPherson, Adam Loewen isn't bad either (see McGowan last year).
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 681
Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:40 am

carter wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:one or two.


wow, thats alot :-t

Well maybe your deep leagues are different from mine... all of your 'late round' sleepers that you mentioned (outside of Bonds) were selected in the mid rounds of my league. The guys who I am calling deep deep sleepers were either in the last round or not drafted at all.
Here's a few more-
Ronny Cedeno- 2B/SS eligibility, and the guys at BP are high on him this year. he just needs PT.

Brad hennessey for saves, Wilson hasn't shown much, and he wasn't horrible in the role last year. He was drafted in the mid rounds in my league, but that was a holds league.

Ryan Freel- could get time in center and elsewhere, and contribute to SB's when healthy.
Rajai Davis- needs injury, but he can run.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby High Heater » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:42 am

i loved the brandon jones comment ;-D and i think alot of people have given up on milledge who i think still has a legit shot at a breakout given his situation..... time will tell though
Image
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2674
Joined: 20 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Palm Coast, FL

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby carter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:57 am

Niffoc4 wrote:
carter wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:one or two.


wow, thats alot :-t

Well maybe your deep leagues are different from mine... all of your 'late round' sleepers that you mentioned (outside of Bonds) were selected in the mid rounds of my league. The guys who I am calling deep deep sleepers were either in the last round or not drafted at all.
Here's a few more-
Ronny Cedeno- 2B/SS eligibility, and the guys at BP are high on him this year. he just needs PT.

Brad hennessey for saves, Wilson hasn't shown much, and he wasn't horrible in the role last year. He was drafted in the mid rounds in my league, but that was a holds league.

Ryan Freel- could get time in center and elsewhere, and contribute to SB's when healthy.
Rajai Davis- needs injury, but he can run.


well.. that is very rad, mr. radman ... do you know where i can find such rad action??? because its NOT here. these 12-team cavemen only want their little bitty baby step leagues, and they seem very content i must say :-D
carter
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 341
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:05 am

I have to say, after playing in a deep league for awhile...both have value, and great fantasy managers aren't just found in 20 team leagues. Figuring out which players will do teh best in a shallow league also takes a lot of skill. It is just that they are different skills.
I personally like playing in both. The players who work out in my deep league I can typically still pick up in my shallower ones.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby carter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14 am

Niffoc4 wrote:I have to say, after playing in a deep league for awhile...both have value, and great fantasy managers aren't just found in 20 team leagues. Figuring out which players will do teh best in a shallow league also takes a lot of skill. It is just that they are different skills.
I personally like playing in both. The players who work out in my deep league I can typically still pick up in my shallower ones.


yea i can agree to an extent about 12 team skill.. but its not as hard.. and its still very boring, and just overall lame. so many good players sit in the FA pool year-round... many guys you never get to learn about.. oh well .. oops i pooped in my diaper again
carter
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 341
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby J.C.Fighter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:41 am

These are deep sleepers but I guarantee you like 90 % of the players mentioned, will either suck or get injured.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Deep Sleepers

Postby carter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:53 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:These are deep sleepers but I guarantee you like 90 % of the players mentioned, will either suck or get injured.



Niffoc, case in point right here
carter
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 341
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact