Should I watch Dexter on CBS? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Should I watch Dexter on CBS?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Should I watch Dexter on CBS?

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:22 pm

I've been enjoying it. I do get agitated with the voiceovers when they curse, but I get over it. I love the main storyline, but the peripheral characters and storylines are boring and seems like some bad acting. Maybe it's leading up to something cool.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:I've been enjoying it. I do get agitated with the voiceovers when they curse, but I get over it. I love the main storyline, but the peripheral characters and storylines are boring and seems like some bad acting. Maybe it's leading up to something cool.

I watched the first 4 episodes on CBS and they cut a ton out. You need to get the DVD or download from iTunes or something because you will miss a lot including some side plots.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Which subplots did they cut out on CBS? I didn't think they'd edit it that much.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Amazinz wrote:Which subplots did they cut out on CBS? I didn't think they'd edit it that much.

Can't think of it off the top of my head but there were a few scenes that were cut that made more sense when watching the full version. Makes sense since they have to edit appx 10-15 min from the original so some of the sub plots you are only seeing bits and they don't make any sense on CBS.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sticky Spice » Fri May 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Okay, so my wife was recording the episodes from CBS and we'd watch them later... until one day the time changed or something and we missed an episode. We couldn't stand skipping one, so we rented the dvd that had that episode on it.

Man, what a difference. The show is FAR BETTER in its original format. The material is all intact and things just started making more sense and flowing right. I think the missing scenes from CBS really made the show pretty choppy and I wasn't "getting" some of the police characters.

I highly recommend DVD only on this series.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Shame. Thought they'd be able to bring it to regular TV without a hack job. Can't wait for season 3. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri May 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:Shame. Thought they'd be able to bring it to regular TV without a hack job. Can't wait for season 3. ;-D

We got Showtime just so that we can watch this show. On Demand = ;-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk