Ryan Howard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Ryan Howard

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Ryan Howard

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:03 am

what do you guys think of this one... i was really just doing a sig to mess with some new text/font. i tried to make it look like the text was raising out of the bg. also, for some reason, my outer black border never seems to show up on the cafe. howard is over the inner white border, but supposed to be inside the outer black border.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Howard

Postby smoovethug » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:45 am

About the b&w border I always make a 2 border layers for those. 1 2px white, then a 1px black on top of that. The new font is nice, a little too blended though. Kinda plain but a nice sig.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:57 am

smoovethug wrote:About the b&w border I always make a 2 border layers for those. 1 2px white, then a 1px black on top of that. The new font is nice, a little too blended though. Kinda plain but a nice sig.

the way i usually do it, and it shows up at other places, is the 2 px black first, then a 1 px white. i dont know why it doesnt show up here :-?

as for the plain, i think thats one of my huge flaws. im not open to cluttered, filled bg's. i dont know why, i just dont like making them (and i guess i dont really know how to make a really good one, since i dont do it much), but i definitely agree that this sig needs something else to it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby diehardsoxfan1008 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:07 pm

It looks really nice. The border just bnothers me how the render is over it.
diehardsoxfan1008
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 pm

diehardsoxfan1008 wrote:It looks really nice. The border just bnothers me how the render is over it.

yeah it bothers me too, mostly because the outer black border doesnt show up here at the cafe for me...it was supposed to be over the inner white, but under the outer black.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby abrage22 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:02 am

this one is really cool snakes ;-) . i realllllllllyyyyy like the font :-L
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby surfanimal » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:10 am

The font is sweet lookin, I'd make it a tad less transparent though.
Rate My Roster, I'll return the Favor!
viewtopic.php?t=326450
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=329191
surfanimal
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:17 am

surfanimal wrote:The font is sweet lookin, I'd make it a tad less transparent though.

i played with it for so long and couldnt decide how i liked it...this was actually a very very rough draft, considering no one requested it.

abrage, this is actually howard without being cut. the whole thing is just one picture (with a very very light transparent howard in the right corner). this is a way of getting around cutting players, but keep working on the cutting.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Contests and Showing Off