Some Cafe members on Yahoo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Some Cafe members on Yahoo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some Cafe members on Yahoo?

Postby CadensDad » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:42 am

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Some Cafe members on Yahoo?

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:40 am

Saw that earlier today too, was going to post it, but I feared that it might of been something that was already discussed/posted on the board. Now that I am free of possible persecution, nice work ;-D ;-)
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:37 am

Cool, I also do know that some Yahoo experts like Matt Buser are also members here.

Oh, and I like that blog of yours, Bighort, I'll be reading it from now on.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Giambis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:10 pm

I only looked quickly, but Bigh0rt, nice first few rounds there. Reyes, Vlad, Teix, Markakis, and Lackey is great start.

I don't really understand Carty; the guy does some amazing work with stats and looking at fantasy in a sabermetrically-based way, but in the drafts I've seen him in, he makes some interesting picks. Roberts in the 2nd?? Haren and McCann in the 4th and 5th, respectively, aren't terrible, but also not fantastic either.

But that's neither here nor there, way to go cafe!
Giambis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:58 pm

mweir145 wrote:Cool, I also do know that some Yahoo experts like Matt Buser are also members here.

Oh, and I like that blog of yours, Bighort, I'll be reading it from now on.

Matt Buser = mbuser

Brad Evans = BigNoise

Funston = Yours truly. ;-)

Congrats to our representing cafe members- do us proud boys. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 pm

This is why people who aren't paid to cover fantasy baseball aren't usually involved in these published expert mock drafts - their picks make too much logical sense and don't generate enough WTF replies as the readers try to describe whether or not they're playing mind games or being entirely serious. :-D

The Cafe member picks were all pretty solid.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:16 pm

mweir145 wrote:Oh, and I like that blog of yours, Bighort, I'll be reading it from now on.

Glad to hear it man, thanks! ;-D

Giambis wrote:I only looked quickly, but Bigh0rt, nice first few rounds there. Reyes, Vlad, Teix, Markakis, and Lackey is great start.

Yeah, I was thrilled with my 2 - 4 Round Picks. I had a tough decision between Reyes, Holliday, and Wright with my 1st Rounder, but I've never owned Reyes in any league ever, so I figured it'd be fun and interesting to build that way. I figured if I didn't grab Lackey when I did, the next time I got to pick it would be slim pickins for a #1 SP, and even with Lackey I felt I needed to get strong upper end depth at SP, which I think I eventually did do. I outlined the rest of my draft, if you click on the link of my name in Andy's piece.

Grounded Polo wrote:The Cafe member picks were all pretty solid.

It wouldn't suprise me at all to see the 4 of us all finish in the Top 6. I was really impressed with the way ABS, Mugs, and Rump assembled their teams. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:09 pm

I am proud, way to repersent the cafe.
I think it is pretty cool to see guys we talk to be globaly recognized.
;-D
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:34 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Oh, and I like that blog of yours, Bighort, I'll be reading it from now on.

Glad to hear it man, thanks! ;-D

Giambis wrote:I only looked quickly, but Bigh0rt, nice first few rounds there. Reyes, Vlad, Teix, Markakis, and Lackey is great start.

Yeah, I was thrilled with my 2 - 4 Round Picks. I had a tough decision between Reyes, Holliday, and Wright with my 1st Rounder, but I've never owned Reyes in any league ever, so I figured it'd be fun and interesting to build that way. I figured if I didn't grab Lackey when I did, the next time I got to pick it would be slim pickins for a #1 SP, and even with Lackey I felt I needed to get strong upper end depth at SP, which I think I eventually did do. I outlined the rest of my draft, if you click on the link of my name in Andy's piece.

Grounded Polo wrote:The Cafe member picks were all pretty solid.

It wouldn't suprise me at all to see the 4 of us all finish in the Top 6. I was really impressed with the way ABS, Mugs, and Rump assembled their teams. ;-D

surprising to see you pass up on wright at the 4 spot. he generally has been going 2nd in many leagues i see, but i can see the argument for reyes. you could have gotten cole instead of lackey though. ;-7 :-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Pretty shocked Wright fell so far. At 1.08 he's as much a steal you can get in the first. Oh and nice pick on Markakis in the 4th. I think he's excellent value.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers