Longoria and Baldelli - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Longoria and Baldelli

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Longoria and Baldelli

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:21 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:I see Longoria making the team only because of a lack of competition. If Longoria doesn't win the job, then that means he'll have lost it to Joel Guzman, Willy Aybar or, dare I say, Ben Zobrist. I'm not seeing that happen unless BJ Upton moves back to 2B and Iwamura re-mans third.

The Rays want him to see more time in AAA. I think they will have Aybar and Guzman split time at 3B for the first 2 months to give Evan a bit more time in AAA. It is just a feeling I have when i listen to everything going on at ST
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Longoria will be called up around June is my guess.
So he gets some solid time in AAA.
And after that I see him being a solid option at 3B.

I was looking today and 3B is not as solid as you think.
I am not expecting Longoria to have a Braun type season but I see Longoria this year...
.290 70 18 75 5

and has for Balldeli...
do not touch him until after you see what he does in ST.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pirates4Life » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:26 pm

If Baldelli can manage a healthy 500-550 ABs, he'll be a 25-15 guy with a BA between .285 and .300.

2 years ago, he socked 16 HRs in 364 ABs, and he's just now entering what should be his prime years.

Sure, it's a big if. Letting him DH some should help, and he's reportedly going to take it easier in the spring. He's the kind of you guy you can draft late with minimal risk who could end up being the key to your season.
Pirates4Life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Pirates4Life wrote:If Baldelli can manage a healthy 500-550 ABs, he'll be a 25-15 guy with a BA between .285 and .300.

2 years ago, he socked 16 HRs in 364 ABs, and he's just now entering what should be his prime years.

Sure, it's a big if. Letting him DH some should help, and he's reportedly going to take it easier in the spring. He's the kind of you guy you can draft late with minimal risk who could end up being the key to your season.

Yea I don't see Rocco playing much in spring and I see him Dh'ing a lot more than people think, which will be a good thing for him.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Giambis » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Well, deeray and jlm and all you Rays fans out there, any news that comes up on the situation would be great to know. Last year, deeray, your Rays knowledge was a huge help, so any insight you can offer into their PT situations as camp gets moving would be awesome.
Giambis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:50 pm

Good news for Evan was he showed up with the pitchers and catchers whereas Guzman and Aybar did not report until today
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rib217 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:16 pm

It would seem that Baldelli would be worth the late round pick then. In a 12 team league yahoo has him set to go around rd. 18. If he is DH alot then his production for an 18th round pick could be very nice. Longoria is ranked to go in rd. 16
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:53 pm

rib217 wrote:It would seem that Baldelli would be worth the late round pick then. In a 12 team league yahoo has him set to go around rd. 18. If he is DH alot then his production for an 18th round pick could be very nice. Longoria is ranked to go in rd. 16

Yea, Rocco is worth the 18th rounder. I think Evan will outproduce some of the 3B people get in a 12 teamer, but you are going to have to wait until June to get him in the line up, IMO. He could start the season on the roster, but the rays have made mention more than once about how Gordon struggled and Braun didn't, Braun stayed the extra month or two and Gordon got thrown into the fire.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Boyakasha » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:37 am

I know I'm in the small minority and will probably get burned by him yet again, but I love Rocco. Whenever I see him play when he's healthy, I am always impressed. Sweet sweet stroke, great defense, faster than people think, and more pop than people realize. Too bad he's got a permanent spot reserved on the DL. But, still, I'm going to snap him up yet again this year, way down in the mid to late teens round and hopefully be surprised when he stays healthy for the first time ever. One of those talents that I'll take a late round gamble on every year.
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 am

You guys are seriously delusional if you think that Baldelli is actually going to stay healthy for an entire season.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers