Pence goes through glass door - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pence goes through glass door

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pence goes through glass door

Postby Ender » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:56 am

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5551817.html


He should only miss a week though.

Hunter Pence, the Astros’ starting right fielder, suffered lacerations to both his hands and knees in an accident through a sliding glass door Monday night, a day after he reported for spring training at Osceola County Stadium.

According to an Astros team spokesman, Pence spent part of Monday night in the emergency at a local hospital and will be examined this morning by team physician David Lintner.

Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:12 am

Ender wrote:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5551817.html


He should only miss a week though.

Hunter Pence, the Astros’ starting right fielder, suffered lacerations to both his hands and knees in an accident through a sliding glass door Monday night, a day after he reported for spring training at Osceola County Stadium.

According to an Astros team spokesman, Pence spent part of Monday night in the emergency at a local hospital and will be examined this morning by team physician David Lintner.



For some reason I have a hunch that alcohol was involved in this incident :-b
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 24)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby Great Gazoo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
Ender wrote:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5551817.html


He should only miss a week though.

Hunter Pence, the Astros’ starting right fielder, suffered lacerations to both his hands and knees in an accident through a sliding glass door Monday night, a day after he reported for spring training at Osceola County Stadium.

According to an Astros team spokesman, Pence spent part of Monday night in the emergency at a local hospital and will be examined this morning by team physician David Lintner.



For some reason I have a hunch that alcohol was involved in this incident :-b



You don't normally run through glass doors?
Great Gazoo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 91
Joined: 1 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:19 pm

must've been a really clean glass door. :-D
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Great Gazoo wrote:You don't normally run through glass doors?


Not hard enough to break them and hurt myself.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby Carey Saders » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:09 pm

I have a friend who was running outside to join a snow ball fight and got cut really bad when he went through the sliding glass door. He ended up cutting his index finger tendon right through and it snapped back into his wrist. To this day, he has limited index finger motion on his left hand which stinks since he is a semi-professional electric guitarist.

And no, he wasn't drunk.
Image
Thanks to Super Manny for the sig!
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 669
Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Carey is so very...

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby KronJon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:36 pm

I had a party about 5 years ago in college where a drunkard went through the sliding screen door... bent it out of the frame and completely destroyed it. The laughs I got out of it were worth the cost of a new screen door.

As for Hunter Pen(i)ce.... that guy cracks me up. Just looking at him he seems like the type to do this.
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby KronJon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:16 pm

Ok, upon further inspection of the story, I have discovered by far the best part:

"I was bleeding pretty bad," he said. "I called my parents"


LOL!
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby pjalst » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:13 am

pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1353
(Past Year: 63)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Niskayuna, NY

Re: Pence goes through glass door

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 am

KronJon wrote:Ok, upon further inspection of the story, I have discovered by far the best part:

"I was bleeding pretty bad," he said. "I called my parents"


LOL!


its not like hes a 35 year old man...hes probably just a year or two removed from living with his parents. if something happened to me (im 23), id still be likely to call my parents. that being said, it is pretty funny he felt it necessary to mention.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact