I Like My Team, What Would You Rate It? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I Like My Team, What Would You Rate It?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Like My Team, What Would You Rate It?

Postby ISwallowBigLeagueChw » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:09 am

10 team head-to-head rotissuere league. Basic scoring. Here is my team, please tell me your thoughts:

C - Kenji Johjima (11th Round)
1B - Ryan Howard (2nd Round)
2B - Ian Kinsler (7th Round) -- Felt like I stretched there but like his potential.
SS - Troy Tulowitzki (5th Round)
3B - David Wright (1st Round) -- Great pick up at the 6th slot I thought
IF - Alex Gordon (14th Round) -- Thoughts here?
OF - Magglio Ordonez (4th Round)
OF - Corey Hart (8th Round) -- Stretching for him in the 8th?
OF - Hideki Matsui (10th Round) -- It really was the best available at the time
UTIL - Josh Willingham (16th Round) -- Loved him at this pick
BN - Pat Burrell (17th Round) -- Might take Matsui's starting spot, thoughts?
BN - Aaron Hill (20th Round)
BN - Stephen Drew (21st Round)
BN - Jeremy Hermida (22nd Round) -- Huge upside at this pick.
BN - Melky Cabrera (24th Round) -- Hughe upside at this pick.

SP - C.C. Sabathia (3rd Round) -- Good choice in the 3rd with Santana, Beckett, Bedard, and Webb off the board?
SP - John Lackey (6th Round)
SP - Dontrelle Willis (18th Round) -- Everyone seems so down on him, but 18th round? I felt I stole him
RP - Billy Wagner (9th Round)
RP - Rafael Soriano (12th Round) -- What's everyone's thoughts on him?
P - Jeff Francis (15th Round)
P - Todd Jones (19th Round)
P - James Shields (13th Round)
BN - Andy Pettitte (23rd Round) -- Do I need more bench pitching?

If you can answer some of my questions and let me know what you think of my team's chances overall. It's my second year playing. Should I have waiting longer on selecting pitching? Should I have gone for someone sooner? Any help is appreciated.
ISwallowBigLeagueChw
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I Like My Team, What Would You Rate It?

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:41 am

First thing I noticed is you need more pitchers, you have plenty of backup offensive players.

Response to Kinsler: Its roto and hes good across the board so no I don't think you stretched to get him.

Alex Gordon: Not sure what to expect really, he should have weathered the growing pains and Id expect a pretty good season from him, I like the pick, good upside.

Corey Hart: Love him, full of potential helps across the board, I foresee better things in 08 good move.

One thing I would address if I were you is ADDING MORE PITCHING. I'd highly suggest dropping Stephen Drew (you don't really need him as a backup since Tulo is more than capable) or one of your backup outfielders because you have a surplus of them. Your offense is good enough and has enough balance that you should be alright dropping some of your bench players for pitchers, or maybe finding a trade although you wouldn't get much I don't think.

I think your pitching could use some work (depth-wise), Willis certainly can't get any worse and in the 18th rd definitely was worth the risk. You should try finding more pitchers to add to your bench otherwise I think you will struggle in the pitching categories, especially in a roto league.
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zippytrash » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 am

you have a sick infield... should do very well with that. you outfield is steady, no-one huge, but all solid players. but you really need some more pitching.

i would drop probably both melky and hermida for the top two available SP on the WW.

i think the third round might be a little early for CC, but thats just me. if you want to make sur eyou get a guy, then sometimes you have to do that, but i think you could have waited another round or two to grab your first hurler... but that also depends on how you draft is shaking out. personally, i see CC as this years zambrano.

willis will up his wins... but i am scared what the AL will do for his ratios.

kinsler is a great pick, and i think he will be it the top 4-5 of 2B by seasons end.

actually, now that i am reading this, i might drop willingham before hermida for that SP. he was nice to have 2 years ago at the catcher spot, but his value is lower than hermida.

you cant go wrong with david wright at any point after the 3rd pick.

tulo might have been to high, but that's where he ig going in drafts... he's supposedly gonna be given the green light to steal more this year as well.

put burrell in the util spot... the power is nice, but the AVG kills... and matsui is a better option. platoon him.

all in all... great team, you should be a force to be reckoned with this season. ;-D
Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
zippytrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby ISwallowBigLeagueChw » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 am

In regards to dropping some of my outfielders for pitchers, here is who is available on the waiver wire. Should I drop Willingham, or Melky for one of these players? If so, who?

Hiroki Kuroda, Homer Bailey, Ian Kennedy, Noah Lowry, Bob Howry, Jair Jurrjens, Gio Gonzalez Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux
ISwallowBigLeagueChw
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby eftda » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Your going to need more closers. Here, use this site. http://www.theinsidepitch.com/Closer_Watch.html
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby yanksfan81 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:57 pm

ISwallowBigLeagueChw wrote:In regards to dropping some of my outfielders for pitchers, here is who is available on the waiver wire. Should I drop Willingham, or Melky for one of these players? If so, who?

Hiroki Kuroda, Homer Bailey, Ian Kennedy, Noah Lowry, Bob Howry, Jair Jurrjens, Gio Gonzalez Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux

I would go ahead and drop Melky for Kennedy.
yanksfan81
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:19 pm

ISwallowBigLeagueChw wrote:In regards to dropping some of my outfielders for pitchers, here is who is available on the waiver wire. Should I drop Willingham, or Melky for one of these players? If so, who?

I would probably drop Melky, add Kuroda, if he pitches anything like he did in Japan you've got a steal.
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team