General Commentary (2007-2008 Season) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary (2007-2008 Season)

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Re: General Commentary (2007-2008 Season)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:And there are plenty of owners at the cafe that would easily fit into our league and be active for the entire season. As I said before I'll send out a PM to a couple of those owners (any suggestions would be great).

*COUGH*

O:-)

Do you always just randomly troll around different Cafe league forums, waiting for your opportunity to strike? B-)

HAHA! Actually last night was my first time trolling the forums, since my past few weeks of looking for a cafe league in the classifieds has pretty much gone no where. So I figured the next place to go was the forums for existing leagues looking for replacements. Just so happens this was the first one I went into.

Just putting my hat into the ring for any replacements you guys would need ;-D
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i also enjoy minor league systems but they tend to be useless unless we are keeping 10+ players or going full dynasty.

I'd definitely like a larger MiLB system if we're going the keeper route. If we only have like 3-5 guys per team, you could easily have some years without even promoting anybody because you've got to save the slots on guys you really can't drop.

Who is getting dropped from this league?
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:30 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i also enjoy minor league systems but they tend to be useless unless we are keeping 10+ players or going full dynasty.

I'd definitely like a larger MiLB system if we're going the keeper route. If we only have like 3-5 guys per team, you could easily have some years without even promoting anybody because you've got to save the slots on guys you really can't drop.

I've just been in a league with 15 minor league keepers, and having that many really didn't do much for the league. During the yearly minors drafts guys just went overly stupid on that years hyped draft picks. And then they just sat there.

I'd like to propose that the minor leaguers must have played A+ ball before you can select them. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:03 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

I've just been in a league with 15 minor league keepers, and having that many really didn't do much for the league. During the yearly minors drafts guys just went overly stupid on that years hyped draft picks. And then they just sat there.

I'd like to propose that the minor leaguers must have played A+ ball before you can select them. ;-D

i dont know how relevant this will be, but in 2 dynasty leagues im in here at the cafe we have a pretty good system in place.
there is a minor league draft before our league starts. each team has 5 selections and anyone under the rookie requirements is eligible to be selected. during the season, anyone who is in the yahoo database and still under the requirements can then be picked up on your team, then dropped down to the minor league system. you get 5 of these adds during the season and at the end of the season, anyone still under the requirements can stay, anyone over has to go on your active roster or back into the FA pool. it works out nicely.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:59 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

Well with dynasties with rookie draft they have to be committed to years before they generally make a huge impact. I mean yeah you'll get the guys that are drafted high but there's so many that don't make it compared to those that do. That's the draw with a minor system, and I think if you do have one the deeper the better. I'd probably say no to the A+ ball prerequisite as some of the guys coming straight from the draft are the guys that are most wanted, and I'd rather see someone like a David Price be drafted than picked off the waiver wire because he couldn't be drafted but made it to the bigs before the year closed.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:46 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

I don't want 15 guys either, that's a second draft after the real one. I'd be fine with 6-8, just enough to cover all the top guys and 1 or 2 guys to keep around.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:08 am

thats why i feel 5 pre-season is good, and 5 during the season (with some stipulations) is good as well. plus, after the season, more than likely you'll only get to keep maybe 4 or so, and then before the next season, you get to draft 5 more. most of the stud prospects will already be claimed, so you may not even want 5 more.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:29 am

WS - you would be a great addition to the league - no matter what Aussie says :-b If you are interested, there is a spot open. You are the type of cafe vet we are looking for.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:27 am

We'll require a urine sample and your credit card number.

Send it to:

Craig Gould
c/o Philadelphia Man-Boy Love Association
Philadelphia
PA
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:40 pm

AussieDodger wrote:We'll require a urine sample and your credit card number.

Send it to:

Craig Gould
c/o Philadelphia Man-Boy Love Association
Philadelphia
PA

The sample is easy to get, just turn his faucet on, should yield the same results.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League