General Commentary (2007-2008 Season) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

General Commentary (2007-2008 Season)

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Re: General Commentary (2007-2008 Season)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:14 pm

I think 8 is a good amount. I would still like to incorporate a minor league system in some way. Any ideas on that? One of the things that I would like to avoid is the waiver wire priority determing who gets the up and coming prospect. Right now, that process is primarily based on luck (what position you drafted from) rather than skill.

A dynasty is so tough to keep together. At least an incoming owner could re-tool a team some what with a keeper format.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:38 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:I think 8 is a good amount. I would still like to incorporate a minor league system in some way. Any ideas on that? One of the things that I would like to avoid is the waiver wire priority determing who gets the up and coming prospect. Right now, that process is primarily based on luck (what position you drafted from) rather than skill.

Maybe during the draft you are allowed to select 2 minor leaguers? That way it's not really luck because you can blow whatever pick you like on your minor leaguers. Risk/reward.

I think it would be more fun to keep it to 2 because are there really more then 24 exciting, imminent players on their way to the majors?
No no and double no.

RocketsDWM wrote:A dynasty is so tough to keep together. At least an incoming owner could re-tool a team some what with a keeper format.

Totally agree. ;-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:52 am

well i was under the impression that we were drafting this year regardless and making '10 our keeper/dynasty part.

it really isnt all that hard. im in 2 here at the cafe with all cafe members already and practically every single player is active and available. you just have to stay away from the people with 300 posts in 4 years and go with guys you know are around.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:53 am

Snakes Gould wrote:well i was under the impression that we were drafting this year regardless and making '10 our keeper/dynasty part.

it really isnt all that hard. im in 2 here at the cafe with all cafe members already and practically every single player is active and available. you just have to stay away from the people with 300 posts in 4 years and go with guys you know are around.

Correct, last year's rosters mean nothing. But for next year, I was hoping that the league would adopt a keeper/dynasty format and then draft with that format in mind. So 2010 would be our first year of keepers/dynasty. Or maybe we just keep it a re-draft every year. As I said before though, I think a minor league system would add an interesting and challenging element. Overall, I think the league should decide as a whole which format to adopt.

And there are plenty of owners at the cafe that would easily fit into our league and be active for the entire season. As I said before I'll send out a PM to a couple of those owners (any suggestions would be great).
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:43 am

i also enjoy minor league systems but they tend to be useless unless we are keeping 10+ players or going full dynasty.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:46 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:And there are plenty of owners at the cafe that would easily fit into our league and be active for the entire season. As I said before I'll send out a PM to a couple of those owners (any suggestions would be great).

*COUGH*

O:-)
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:13 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:And there are plenty of owners at the cafe that would easily fit into our league and be active for the entire season. As I said before I'll send out a PM to a couple of those owners (any suggestions would be great).

*COUGH*

Yes? ;-7
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:00 am

AussieDodger wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:

*COUGH*

Yes? ;-7

ws is a great guy around here at the cafe i would welcome him into our league under any circumstances. ;-D

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:20 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
*COUGH*

Yes? ;-7

ws is a great guy around here at the cafe i would welcome him into our league under any circumstances. ;-D

I'd believe that endorsement more if it had capital letters in it. :-D O:-)
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:08 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:

*COUGH*

Do you always just randomly troll around different Cafe league forums, waiting for your opportunity to strike? B-)
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

PreviousNext

Return to Cold Stove League