after a few weeks of rebuilding? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

after a few weeks of rebuilding?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

after a few weeks of rebuilding?

Postby cameronp29 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:35 pm

I am in a 16 team 10 keeper league with 2 exemption players. H2H 7x7 scoring. Hows my team looking after my first few weeks taking over this team. This team was in last every year of the league(3 years i believe).

C
1B Travis Hafner
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Khalil Greene
OF Delmon Young
OF Michael Cuddyer
OF Adam Jones
U Felix Pie
P Jeff Francis
P Jered Weaver
P Adam Wainwright
P Gil Meche
P Chuck James, Jason Hirsh, Kerry Wood, Todd Jones??
P

Minors
1B J.koshansky COL
2B M.Antonelli SD
OF B.Clevlen DET
P W.Davis TB
P C.Carrasco PHI
cameronp29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: after a few weeks of rebuilding?

Postby zippytrash » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:56 am

whoa... not to be too grim, but i can see why it was in last place in all the year's of it's existence. you lack true 1st and 2nd round talent in the batting, and you staff ace is a toss up between francis/wainwright/weaver.

whew.... sorry about that, but you've got a lot of work to do. here's the thing, you're young and could be on the cusp of a breakout by any/some of those players. kinsler, greene, young, jones, pie are all guys that will be holding down fantasy teams in 2-3 years, and hafner isn't gonna do it alone for you at the moment. and to compete now, you have to sell your youth. howevr, if you wait it out a season or two, your team could start looking very studly.

what does the talent look like in the redraft? if it is high in any way, you could always trade some/one of those younger guys for some high draft picks. i know i am very negative, but i'm not too sure what else to try for the "now". :-?

good luck!
Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
zippytrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby cameronp29 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:27 am

nah. i wanted you to be negative cause thats the real opinion. i had a few older guys. i dont have my old roster with me but i traded for this youth. i want to be ready in a couple years. i plan on shipping off hafner to get another younger pitcher and another young bat. i want to build a dynasty in this league not win 1 year then flop cause my guys retire. i had chipper i know. lowell. and a few other guys in there late 30's that i turned into this. so i think im doing pretty good right now. like you said hopefully in a couple years il have my starting 3 still as vets and then carasco and davis come up. and antoneilli along with jones pie young kinsler. and i think il have a shot in a few years. i can wait.no rush for me.

any more opinons??

leave links
cameronp29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JoshDJays » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:33 am

Pretty ugly I'm sorry to say. I would just build toward the future, trading Hafner is a good idea but wait and see if he can reestablish his value with a bounce back year and then trade him.
JoshDJays Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Try to get minor leagues and start form scratch. Try to target players like Ian Kennedy, Travis Snider, Adam Miller, Aaron Poreda, Bradon Wood, BranJoey Votto, Jay Bruce, Brandon Jones, Andy LaRoche, Angel Villalona. Try to look at players drafted in the first couple of rounds of a baseball draft (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2007/index.jsp). Keep it simple. Take alot of rookies with high risk. You wont win with the roster you currently have. :-/ Sorry.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:04 pm

Try to keep players like Kinsler, Greene, Young, Jones. Pie will never reach the hype hes created so trade him once he gets the starting job.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cameronp29 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:37 pm

everyone can stop saying sorry.lol. i dont plan on winning now. i am going to rebuild. when i took over these teams he had no minor leaguers and i got davis, carrasco, antonelli, and jones. so i think im in the right direction.
cameronp29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team