My 1st Team of the Year. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My 1st Team of the Year.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My 1st Team of the Year.

Postby KronJon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:42 pm

12-team H2H. I picked 5th... it was between Wright and Reyes and I picked Wright. This is my first draft of the year and also the first time I've ever done H2H and I wasn't really sure how it should affect my drafting/rankings going from roto to h2h.

C Ramon Hernandez
1B Mark Teixeira
2B Jeff Kent
3B David Wright
SS Derek Jeter
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Nick Markakis
OF Matt Kemp
Util Todd Helton
BN Josh Hamilton

SP Justin Verlander
SP Roy Oswalt
RP Mariano Rivera
RP Huston Street
P Rafael Soriano
P Roy Halladay
P Phil Hughes
BN C.J. Wilson
BN Brandon Lyon
BN Andy Pettitte
BN Gil Meche
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My 1st Team of the Year.

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Theres not much of a difference from roto as opposed to h2h league rankings. For the most part its still I think generally better to have 5 tool players such as Wright, Granderson, etc...

You'll find the majority of people just stick to the rankings in both types of leagues and pick the same way generally, thats only the casual player though ;-) Then theres more competitive people who will reach for all around players such as Rios, Granderson, Markakis and Hart just to name a few.

Starting with your pitching, its not necessary to have 5 closers, so when you find out who ARZ's closer is Id drop Lyon or Wilson depending on of course if Lyon closes or not and perhaps pick up another starter or a bat. I would probably drop Petitte, hes just coming off the Mitchell report thing, had a bad year last year and if I were you I might get another backup for your hitting more so for 2B because Kent even though he is good he doesn't stay healthy often. Maybe find a super utility player to cover multiple positions such as Yunel Escobar or Iwamura? Other than that I like your pitching, I think Hughes should have a solid year with the Yanks.

Really like your hitting, Im also looking at Ramon Hernandez as an option if I don't get one of Soto, Salty or Johjima late in the draft because I think he should rebound and have a pretty good season. Love the Kemp and Hamilton picks and you made the wright :-D choice taking David over Reyes.

Overall good team, I would address another backup offensively that can be a super utility type of guy.
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bosoxrule43 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:32 pm

very solid hitting and SP, but get rid of 2 closers for some SP, but ur hitting is mad sick. Good luck this season

(please return the favor)
viewtopic.php?t=322272
bosoxrule43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JoshDJays » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:37 am

I like your team overall. Do not just drop the closers though. Try to swap them because if you got that many somebody is short on closers. Look through the other teams and see who is lacking and then offer a closer to them for someone that will improve your team. Good job.
JoshDJays Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team