Francoeur is "country strong" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Francoeur is "country strong"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Francoeur is "country strong"

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:26 pm

BravesGuy wrote:Can't believe they just recalled him. He only played in 3 freakin games in Mississippi. I guess they did it for mental reasons and not to help with his terrible swing.

I just hope they don't give him the fulltime RF job back. He can platoon or be a bench player. Braves were 4-1 with no Frenchy.

Yeah I guess they just feel like it was a mental break for him or something. Why not just keep him down there until the ASB anyway?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:29 pm

BravesGuy wrote:Can't believe they just recalled him. He only played in 3 freakin games in Mississippi. I guess they did it for mental reasons and not to help with his terrible swing.

I just hope they don't give him the fulltime RF job back. He can platoon or be a bench player. Braves were 4-1 with no Frenchy.

I think they did it out of necessity, couple guys have gone down lately.

I'm still hoping the Braves can acquire Randy Winn somehow. He would fit nicely as the leadoff man there.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:22 pm

Yoda wrote:

Yeah I guess they just feel like it was a mental break for him or something. Why not just keep him down there until the ASB anyway?

I think that actually sending him down to DOUBLE A had to have given him enough of a kick in the ass.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:23 pm

maris09 wrote:I think they did it out of necessity, couple guys have gone down lately.

I'm still hoping the Braves can acquire Randy Winn somehow. He would fit nicely as the leadoff man there.

Definitely. The Braves could use somebody in CF (don't have much faith in Kotsay actually staying in one piece), and could use a guy with some speed. The Giants have way too many OF, and Winn is the one older guy there that could actually net them something in a trade...
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I think that actually sending him down to DOUBLE A had to have given him enough of a kick in the ass.

Not really sure if sending him down for three games will really do it, especially with their comments that they just wanted him to be "smiling and having fun". The Braves really didn't have many options though other than to call Francoeur up and have him play RF. If nothign else he's got a heck of an arm....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Old_Style » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:38 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Not really sure if sending him down for three games will really do it, especially with their comments that they just wanted him to be "smiling and having fun". The Braves really didn't have many options though other than to call Francoeur up and have him play RF. If nothign else he's got a heck of an arm....

Since when is baseball supposed to be fun?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:I think that actually sending him down to DOUBLE A had to have given him enough of a kick in the ass.

I read somewhere that he had requested Double A over Triple A due to the coach down there being the guy who had helped turn Francoeur's career around.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby BravesGuy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:24 pm

Maris09 wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:I think that actually sending him down to DOUBLE A had to have given him enough of a kick in the ass.

I read somewhere that he had requested Double A over Triple A due to the coach down there being the guy who had helped turn Francoeur's career around.

You mean this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggy6WGUFaYs
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby decoy562 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 am

Well his trip to the minors must have worked...Francoeur went 1 for 5.

:-{
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:34 pm

decoy562 wrote:Well his trip to the minors must have worked...Francoeur went 1 for 5.

:-{

Powerful stuff, he's gotta ding 32 more homers.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers