Francoeur is "country strong" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Francoeur is "country strong"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Francoeur is "country strong"

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:35 pm

No doubt the kid can hit, but it's really more of a matter of Frenchie honing in on his plate discipline.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:42 pm

What a shame all those big muscles won't help him to walk more. :-D

Maybe he needed to exercise his eyes at an NFL camp :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:44 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:No doubt the kid can hit, but it's really more of a matter of Frenchie honing in on his plate discipline.

Yeah, it's hard to find Francoeur gaining more muscle as a sign of a leap in skill when his problem wasn't that he couldn't rake, it's that he doesn't draw walks.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby chipper » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm

AussieDodger wrote:What a shame all those big muscles won't help him to walk more. :-D

Maybe he needed to exercise his eyes at an NFL camp :-b

Grounded Polo wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:No doubt the kid can hit, but it's really more of a matter of Frenchie honing in on his plate discipline.

Yeah, it's hard to find Francoeur gaining more muscle as a sign of a leap in skill when his problem wasn't that he couldn't rake, it's that he doesn't draw walks.

God, does anyone remember that Frenchy is only starting his 3rd full year? You guys make it sound like he's been around for forever and hasn't made any strides. The guy hit for very good average last year, hit a decent number of homeruns, and drove in over a hundred runs for the second straight year. Oh yeah, and he doubled his walks (which wasn't hard to do, but it shows he's working on it).

The numbers he's put up in his short career have been very good, and his approach at the plate is definitely improving.
Who knows what the added muscle will really do for him, all I know is I'll take a chance on a guy who's going into only his 3rd full season, has shown improvement each year, and is around that 27 yr old age where players breakout. ;-D
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jnormy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:02 pm

chipper wrote:God, does anyone remember that Frenchy is only starting his 3rd full year? You guys make it sound like he's been around for forever and hasn't made any strides. The guy hit for very good average last year, hit a decent number of homeruns, and drove in over a hundred runs for the second straight year. Oh yeah, and he doubled his walks (which wasn't hard to do, but it shows he's working on it).

The numbers he's put up in his short career have been very good, and his approach at the plate is definitely improving.
Who knows what the added muscle will really do for him, all I know is I'll take a chance on a guy who's going into only his 3rd full season, has shown improvement each year, and is around that 27 yr old age where players breakout. ;-D

God, does anyone remember that Frenchy only just turned 24 years old last month, still 3 years shy of that magical 27-year-old breakout?

Heheh, just kidding ya, I agree with your opinion on Francouer, he has progressed very well for such a young player, and people tend to forget he's still younger than a lot of rookies coming into the league. I have Frenchy in a keeper, and I expect to enjoy big numbers from him for years to come. ;-D
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:12 pm

jnormy wrote:
chipper wrote:God, does anyone remember that Frenchy is only starting his 3rd full year? You guys make it sound like he's been around for forever and hasn't made any strides. The guy hit for very good average last year, hit a decent number of homeruns, and drove in over a hundred runs for the second straight year. Oh yeah, and he doubled his walks (which wasn't hard to do, but it shows he's working on it).

God, does anyone remember that Frenchy only just turned 24 years old last month, still 3 years shy of that magical 27-year-old breakout?

Heheh, just kidding ya, I agree with your opinion on Francouer, he has progressed very well for such a young player, and people tend to forget he's still younger than a lot of rookies coming into the league. I have Frenchy in a keeper, and I expect to enjoy big numbers from him for years to come. ;-D

I'm pretty bullish of a Francoeur breakout myself, but one of his keys is to improve his plate approach. That's not to say he hasn't improved, it just means for him to show improvement consistently and that's all I really meant by that.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:33 pm

lets just hope another hgh hearing comes about :-B :-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:47 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
jnormy wrote:

I'm pretty bullish of a Francoeur breakout myself, but one of his keys is to improve his plate approach. That's not to say he hasn't improved, it just means for him to show improvement consistently and that's all I really meant by that.

His .330 minor league OBP says it is unlikely to improve.
In a non-fantasy sense he is only half a player in my eyes. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby jnormy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:56 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:lets just hope another hgh hearing comes about :-B :-D

LOL, nah, it's only suspicious when 36-year-olds start hitting or pitching better than they ever did before, not 24-year-olds.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:00 pm

im not talking about productive, im talking about body size, but i was joking anyhow.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers